Empress Of The Seas 10-10-2005

bas7

Hi,

Any family on this cruise? I'm traveling solo, and looking to hang with someone for some shore excursions, and also to do some touring once we arrive in San Juan. I'm staying on for 4 days.

No entanglements, really just looking for friendship, and some fun travel.

I'd like to rent a car, and perhaps drive to Mayaguez and/or Rincon to see the sattelite dish there.

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam, December 16th, 2005, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

If you change your cruise to 9-3-05 you can hang with us!!! We will be on the Empress for 5 nights. I've heard so many good things about this ship and we are very excited. Have a great time and I'm sure you'll meet up with someone.

Hey BMW325,

Thanks for your generous offer, and I was happy to get a reply, however, it really wasn't what I was coming to expect, and my TA would have a fit.

Yeh, I hear the ship is really a nice one, expecially after its refubrishment. I've never really been on the larger class ship unless, you would consider the Zuiderdam one of those. The Volendam was my first, and won't forget her too soon.

Hey, you want me to give up two whole days to spend with you and your gang. Give me a good reason WHY!!! Anything is possible, although I had my heart oh so set on seeing St. Kitt, even if it comes to seeing it alone.

Thanks for your cute reply though, and hope you and yours have a great cruise too,

Best,

Bruce

Holland America, ms Volendam, December 16th, 2004, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America, ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005 P.S. One of my best friends grew up in McKees Rocks. Hope I spelled it properly.

Bruce, A reason why??? Because it's US, what better reason :)

But seriously, I've been looking for some others to hang with on the cruise but have come up empty handed so far. This will be my (Jim) second cruise and Tony's first. My first was last October on Carnival. Wasn't too thrilled with the atmosphere on that one so hopefully the Empress will be better. But if nothing else, my strapping 6'3 Italian bf, says he is going to take over and reclaim the title 'Empress of the Seas', so that should be fun if nothing else!!!

BMW325,

You have a great sense of humor. Did you ever think of doing stand-up comedy?

This will be my third cruise. Got a great deal on RCCL, and couldn't pass it up.

I've been to so many of the islands, mainly by air though, as I worked for two airlines in New York City, my home, ( I live now in Fort Lauderdale), but this will be my first time to St. Kitt. I've wanted to see Mt. Liamuiga for so long, and just take pictures with my new Canon camera. Have always used disposables. Also want to take the American Cup Regatta Tour in Philipsburg. Have only heard great things about that excursion.

I'm only one crusie ahead of you guys, so actually, I'm still getting my feet wet too. But like your friend, I get them wet quick.

Now it's between you, Mt. Liamuiga, and the American Cup Regatta. HMMMM!!!

Really hope your trip is a beautiful one. I'm sure it will be. Are you on a Western Itinerary?

Best,

Bruce

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean.

We go to the Western Caribbean stopping in Key West first, then down to Grand Cayman. Been to Key West many times (stay at the Oasis) so we think we may just get a day-pass to the Island House or see if we can hang at the Oasis for the day. Never been to Grand Cayman or any islands except for the Bahammas for that matter, so looking forward to that.

We LOVE Ft. Lauderdale, you are lucky to live there. After my Carnival cruise last year, we stayed in Lauderdale for an additional 5 days and hit Haullover Beach every day and the Wilton Manor area at night. Actually giving some serious consideration to moving down there in a year or two. Too young to retire yet so will need to line up job prospects first.

I'm sure we'll enjoy the cruise. Also got a fantastic deal and couldn't pass it up ($330.00 per person excluding air from Pittsburgh). Our second option was a week in Ft. Lauderdale again but would have been at least double that after hotel, meals, rental car, etc.

BMW325,

Well now you've missed Me, by not coming to Fort Lauderdale. Just kidding. I should rephrase that, we've missed each other by your not coming to Fort Lauderdale. But you're going to Grand Cayman. Never had the pleasure of being there before. I hear it's nice. I've been to Key West, once, a little disappointed because whatever beach there was, was so rocky, so we drove daily to Bahia Honda, sure I spelled that wrong, it's a State Park about 40 minutes north of Key West, and really beautiful. In the water there were hugh fish swimming next to us.

Well, you hit Haulover beach, I've been here 10 years, and have never been there, although I've heard, and Wilton Manor too. I'm always very careful driving in Wilton Manor. Cops will ticket you if you're just going over the speed limit.

If you should make it to Fort Lauderdale, I'll give you my e-mail address. Please, look me up. It's bruso7@comcast.net. I'm sure everybody and his mother will now have my e-mail address. Oh, What the heck. You only live once.

Again, hope you guys have a great and safe cruise, and drop me a line when you have a moment, and let me know your impressions of The Lady Empress, and how you enjoyed your Western itinerary.

Best,

Bruce

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Archived