filling out customs/immigration forms in the bahamas

In our spiral book/ticket pkg... There are forms we need to fill out for immigration/customs that are for the bahamas. Here is my STUPID question. Where it says embarkation... Thats where we get on the ship correct? We sail on the explorer of the seas and we get on in Miami.. I'm assuming Miami is the answer. I said it was a stupid question.....

I've heard others say St.Thomas was where they'd go through immigration but this trip it's the bahamas. Glad they'll be no hold up on the other islands we're visiting.

Thanks again ....

That's not a stupid question. I wondered the same thing when I filled out those forms last time my cruise took me to the Bahamas. You are correct - Miami.

Don't worry about the customs check holding you up. When we had to do it in St. Thomas (after stopping in the Bahamas), the checking was done on board and the process was just a matter of walking in line pass an officer and flashing your passport. No big deal if you have everything filled out beforehand. Some people didn't, and they were the only ones griping.

Archived