Live from the Jewel-Private tours

Just want to let everyone know about our private tours. We used minibustours in France, and Steohan was excellent, and very accomadating. I know there were not a lot of postings about this tour company, but we were very pleased with them.

In Cork we used George Plant, he was highly recommended on the board, but I felt the tour was just okay.

In Scotland we used Gordon of GreatScot tours, super, the best tour we have had in sometime.

I would recommend the Mini Bus group and Great Scot, well worth the money.

We have had wonderful weather. Very hot in London and Paris, raining in Dublin, and just right in Scotland. WE are at sea today and the outside temp is about 53, but we are sailing and the wind makes it cooler. Norway tomorrow, first stop Bergen.

Also any internet people-when you are in the Fiorge you will have no internet service for 2 days.

Gerry

Bergen is very easy to do on your own, get the transfers from RCCL for $4 each way, drops you off in the center of town. When you get off the bus go towards the mountain area, and take the finicular to the top, amazing view. They say the lines get longer later in the day. Then when your off head down the hill to the fish market, they also have souveniers.

In Flam we did the shorter excursion to Stalheim and Trividi falls, excellent. A few people that took the train said it was okay but you never got to stop anywhere. We enjoyed the short excursion since we did the 8 hour tour the day before in Gerainger. We took the excursion that ended on the other side and the ship picked us up there.

In Cork we used a private tour by George Plant, it was okay, but not spectacular.

Now Greenock you need to take the private tour with Gordon, Great Scot tours, absolutely amazing. He was a excellent guide. I believe it is greatscottours.com

Good luck.

Gerry

Gerry:

Thanks for the info. Some of the other threads said you shouldn't put a deposit up front. The co. you recommended to go to Paris, wants a 20% deposit. Did you pay that ?

Just curious we're on the Jewel on 26/7/05 (gotta get used to doing the date European style):rolleyes: .

Once again, thanks

jim

Yes, I put up 20%, no problem. They had asked for payment before in full, but I said we would pay in Euros that day, and they were just fine with it.

We booked 3 private tours in all, two asked for a deposit, only one did not. I had no problem with it, most come recommended anyhow. They aren't going to run off with that small of an amount. Their reputation is at stack. Most of those areas depend on the tourists.

Gerry

Archived