Verizon Jetpack MiFi mobile hotspot in Europe

smokinmike

Has anyone had any experience using this device in Europe - specifically the Bordeaux region of France, Paris, in the whole of Italy and the Dalmatian Coast?

On a recent trip to Mexico my Jetpack worked well after I enabled it on a Global Data plan. We weren't tied to hotels and such to check email and other various computer needs.

Thanks . . . and happy cruising to all!

Has anyone had any experience using this device in Europe - specifically the Bordeaux region of France, Paris, in the whole of Italy and the Dalmatian Coast?

On a recent trip to Mexico my Jetpack worked well after I enabled it on a Global Data plan. We weren't tied to hotels and such to check email and other various computer needs.

Thanks . . . and happy cruising to all!

I'm not certain but I believe that the Global Data plan costs $20 for 100 MB. This would seem to be an awful lot more that using the WiFi on the ship. Canada and Mexico are a lot cheaper than the rest of the world on this plan.

Scott & Karen

The cost in Mexico was $25/100MBs. The reason we use the MiFi is for internet security in airports, hotels, etc. and the speed seems to much faster as well. We don't watch movies or videos, do Facebook or upload a lot of stuff so 100 MBs on my iPhone and another 100 on my biscuit is plenty.

I was wondering more about folks's experience using the Jetpack or other mobile hotspots with a Global Data Plan.

Thanks!

Archived