Help with owners suite FOS

Hi have you enquirer about the RFS.

True you may need Hell to the no!!!to boom it for 5 people but true cost for 5 people is usually about the same as the OS for 2.

2 bed rooms. 2 bathrooms.

Then if 3 of those people were to no show you will have a massive suite for around the same price. (And will get a small refund for their tips and taxes. )

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Whoops. Typing on my phone.

The auto correct interfered and I bumped send!!!!!!!!!!!

Should say

True. You may need to book for 5 ....

Sorry about the nonsense typing!!

Raina

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hoping I like cruising as much as everyone else does....and if I get spoiled by all the perks so be it. I'm on vacation and I certainly don't plan on sleeping in a shoe box. LOL. As I get older, I seem to enjoy the finer things in life. I've done enough pinching pennies at motel 6 in my younger days. Can't wait to see what all the hype of a cruise is about. Thanks for the warning on the room.

Forgot to mention, you will have usage of the concierge lounge on deck 10. The concierge's name is Willie ! He will take expert care of you while onboard with everything from onboard reservations to priority tender . Plus you can go to the lounge at night for free cocktails and if Willie has his guitar, you are in for a treat !

Forgot to mention, you will have usage of the concierge lounge on deck 10. The concierge's name is Willie ! He will take expert care of you while onboard with everything from onboard reservations to priority tender . Plus you can go to the lounge at night for free cocktails and if Willie has his guitar, you are in for a treat !

OMG, that sounds like so much fun. Maybe Will can find me a mattress to slap on the sofa? Hate them digging springs, but really want an owners suite. Just so silly how even under my cruises it asks me how I want the bed, together or in two. I'd almost like to see them get it in two beds. Lol

We were on FOS in March and Mom, cousin and friend booked the OS because they were told 2 beds and a sofa conversion. Nope, just the king with a sofa conversion. They were not happy, but made do.

What they really didn't like though was that the sofa bed was made up by 7pm nightly so the rest of the 15 of us sailing on the rest of the ship could not come hang out in their room as we had planned.

They repeatedly asked the room steward to make it up later, but it never worked.

Don't count on that sofa for extra hanging out time in the evening.

We were on FOS in March and Mom, cousin and friend booked the OS because they were told 2 beds and a sofa conversion. Nope, just the king with a sofa conversion. They were not happy, but made do.

What they really didn't like though was that the sofa bed was made up by 7pm nightly so the rest of the 15 of us sailing on the rest of the ship could not come hang out in their room as we had planned.

They repeatedly asked the room steward to make it up later, but it never worked.

Don't count on that sofa for extra hanging out time in the evening.

I'm not gonna have them make it up. I can do that. Still waiting to hear from RCCL if it is possible to get us two twin beds. Guess that would only be a possibility if it wasn't at full capacity.

So here is a bit of a follow up. I emailed RCCL about how disappointed I was with the fact that these staff members are not aware that there is only a queen size bed, that's it. No king bed, no way to make it two twin beds. Today, I received a voice message from them, unfortunately I was at work. I returned the call but was just speaking to an RCCL representative. First thing she told me is that it was a king bed that they could be made into two beds....I thought, oh no here we go again. I quickly stopped her and assured her it was a queen bed. After a brief hold she came back and said I was right. Ok, so I have to give a big kudos to her for really trying to help me out. First she offered me the presidentual suite with an obstructed view. The room is enormous, there are only two of us so I declined. Se then put me on hold for about 40 minutes while she tried to get a supervisor. When she finally came back she offered us the royal family suite. Again much bigger but is in the back of the ship. Because I get horrible motion sickness, I prefer to stay midship. Again I declined. Nicole from the executive office is suppose to call me tomorrow. I really don't want another room, but I'm beginning to sound like a whiner. I'm not trying to get something for nothing, other then just a mattress to throw on top the sofa bed to make it more comfortable. Is that really unreasonable? I would think it would be a lot less then offering me a suite they could potentially rent out for a lot more money.

So here is a bit of a follow up. I emailed RCCL about how disappointed I was with the fact that these staff members are not aware that there is only a queen size bed, that's it. No king bed, no way to make it two twin beds. Today, I received a voice message from them, unfortunately I was at work. I returned the call but was just speaking to an RCCL representative. First thing she told me is that it was a king bed that they could be made into two beds....I thought, oh no here we go again. I quickly stopped her and assured her it was a queen bed. After a brief hold she came back and said I was right. Ok, so I have to give a big kudos to her for really trying to help me out. First she offered me the presidentual suite with an obstructed view. The room is enormous, there are only two of us so I declined. Se then put me on hold for about 40 minutes while she tried to get a supervisor. When she finally came back she offered us the royal family suite. Again much bigger but is in the back of the ship. Because I get horrible motion sickness, I prefer to stay midship. Again I declined. Nicole from the executive office is suppose to call me tomorrow. I really don't want another room, but I'm beginning to sound like a whiner. I'm not trying to get something for nothing, other then just a mattress to throw on top the sofa bed to make it more comfortable. Is that really unreasonable? I would think it would be a lot less then offering me a suite they could potentially rent out for a lot more money.
Would an egg crate help with the sofa bed if you stay in the OS? We have had them on the regular beds and they were great.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi puppet - did you hear back from them?

Yes, I finally received a call from Cynthia. She is from the executive office. Super nice an so helpful. Unfortunately getting another mattress is next to impossible but she definitely took care of my friend and I. We will be getting two egg crate mattresses along with a soda package for each, dinner for two at Chops and OBC. It was so nice to finally talk to someone that knew about the room and could answer any of my questions. She really made me feel like they do want to make there guests happy. She did way more then I even imagined. Looking forward to my very first cruise.

Yes, I finally received a call from Cynthia. She is from the executive office. Super nice an so helpful. Unfortunately getting another mattress is next to impossible but she definitely took care of my friend and I. We will be getting two egg crate mattresses along with a soda package for each, dinner for two at Chops and OBC. It was so nice to finally talk to someone that knew about the room and could answer any of my questions. She really made me feel like they do want to make there guests happy. She did way more then I even imagined. Looking forward to my very first cruise.
If Cynthia is in customer relations, I have dealt with her also and thought she was an excellent employee.

Archived