Explorer of the Sea

Guest hockeychic

Guest hockeychic

Wow, I will make a decision shortly.....

We are now considering Explorer of the Sea out of Miami.

Is this a nice ship???

Also how can I find out the ages of the ships....particularly Mariner and Explorer of the Sea??

Thanks

We saled on her in 03. We had a great time, but I can't remember if she was new in 01 or 02. :rolleyes: I can't remember if the RC website has the age of the ship but a good site to get the information is at www.*****.com. They click on the ships tab, look for the ship and it will tellyou all the information about the ship. I am always interested in that info also. This site used to tell when the ship was refurbished, but not sure if it does anymore.

I believe Explorer is scheduled to be refurbished this September ... we are booked for March 2006, so she should be still sparkling by then. We cruised the Splendour about 6 months after she was refurbished and it certainly looked sparkling to me.

We sailed the Explorer for the second time on May 28, 2005. We thought it was in really good shape, the crew was friendly and the food was wonderful! Overall, they have kept the ship in great condition. I would recommend it!

I sailed it 6/12/05 and loved it! Thought it was well maintained....if you look for wear and tear you'll find it...but nothing terrible...my bedspread had seen better days...asked for a different one, and had no troubles. The decor is fabulous, the crew and food were terrific...you're in for a great cruise!

We sailed on this ship two years ago and loved it. We just go off the Caribbean Princess because we wanted to try a different ship. All I can say is I wish I would have gone back on the Explorer. I love RCL and will always sail with them in the future.

hockeychic - We're going on Explorer on Oct. 30, 2005. I see you have Oct. 29, 2005 at the end of your post. What is that date for? Since Explorer will go into drydock in Sept., it should be a great shape for us. We have been on AOS 2 times & love the ship.

Gail

Archived