Budapest to Amsterdam Question

lindaann

Hi Everyone,

We are traveling on the Scenic Sapphire from Budapest to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. We just received our tickets and included is an invitation to the Palais Lichtenstein Vienna for an evening of music and waltzing. The invitation states to "dress for this magnificent occasion"

The question for those of you who have done a Scenic or similar cruise is what do the gentlemen wear for such an occasion. The men in our group are very reluctant to bring jackets and ties. They prefer to wear nice trousers and long sleeved dress shirts. Can you let us know what you experienced?

Also, did you watch or participate in the waltzing?

Thank you,

Linda

Hi Linda, we were at this concert last year. It is a lovely evening but alas we just watched the dancing. Although, I did feel like I was treading on air when we left.

To answer your other question, I would suggest that you keep your nicest outfit for this evening but jackets and ties, if any, were definitely in the minority. My suggestion would be not to bring them. Just dress as if you were going out for a nice meal and you will be fine. I always wear dresses to dinner but only because I find them the easiest thing to pack, no coordinating, lol. Everyone looked very nice but only one lady wore what I would call a more formal outfit.

You will have a lovely time, I have to wait until next year for my next cruise with Scenic.

Mary

I agree with Mary. it was a wonderful evening but jackets were in the minority. You will be there also in the heat of summer so it will really be too warm for a jacket. Tell hubbie a collared dress shirt will be perfectly fine. We loved Scenic, their tours are superb.

Archived