My Carnival Crush

Fun@Sea4Me

Hands down it is my favorite band from the Philippines "Music Boardwalk" with a second favorite is "Music Unlimited". I always try and cruise with them.

Music Boardwalk - on the Freedom right now

Music Unlimited - is back on the Miracle.

I don't remember his name, he was a younger guy (looking at the funtimes it was either Alex or Tommy Green Jr), he played the guitar music in the atrium on my fascination cruise back in may. He was REALLY good (not bad to look at either lol ;)). I really enjoyed having a drink at the bar and listening and watching him play.

HAHA his name is Tommy and oh yes he was easy on the eyes could sing like a gazillion songs and VERY personible

Hands down it is my favorite band from the Philippines "Music Boardwalk" with a second favorite is "Music Unlimited". I always try and cruise with them.

I love Music Boardwalk, also! I would love to sail on a ship with them again.

Mary49, I like both of these bands also like Music Degree and Music Highlight:) Any cover band from the Philippines that starts with "Music" are good. :cool:Pink

Were on the Fascinationm 7 years ago! They played, everything from the Beatles to more Rock Stuff like Kiss, Bon Jovi! Seemed like the harder rock they played the better they got! But they were very talented!

Tommy Green Jr.!!! His version of Usher's OMG and Hallelujah are unbelievable! His original music and stories entertained me for hours every night on the Elation Fall 2011. I definitely stalked him on that cruise! I liked him on Facebook so I could stalk him on land and I believe he'll be on the Miracle this fall :). Looking forward to seeing him live again someday; I believe he has a great future ahead of him!

Tommy Green Jr.!!! His version of Usher's OMG and Hallelujah are unbelievable! His original music and stories entertained me for hours every night on the Elation Fall 2011. I definitely stalked him on that cruise! I liked him on Facebook so I could stalk him on land and I believe he'll be on the Miracle this fall :). Looking forward to seeing him live again someday; I believe he has a great future ahead of him!

Love it!! My DH called me a groupie during our entire cruise! And, like you, my, um, love for music has continued thanks to social media! Glad I'm not the only one! Hence the name of the thread... Lol!

Out of 21 Carnival cruises there's a few that stand out to me.

Ron Pass, piano bar...no longer going to be playing on Carnival.

Douglas Trask, guitar player & singer...was on the Spirit & presently on the Legend! He always remembered Us & Our song!

Tommy Green Jr., Guitar player & singer...Was on one of our Splendor cruises. He was a guest on our Inspiration cruise last month & played during the Welcome Aboard show.

We liked Ron and Doug too! Saw Ron on the Splendor and he was fabulous, and Doug twice on the Spirit and he's great and fun too and remembered us too!

Mary49, I like both of these bands also like Music Degree and Music Highlight:) Any cover band from the Philippines that starts with "Music" are good. :cool:Pink

You're are right Pink. All Ike's Bands with 'Music ..." are great. You can't go wrong.

Any ideas who's on the Sunshine? We will be sailing at Christmas!

My Phone :)

Two weeks ago the band was Rock and Roll Time Machine, and individual performers were Zach Majors, Robbie Lit, and Sky Greene...all very talented performers. I can't say whether they'll still be on at Christmas, though.

• 4 months later...
If you got the chance to see Ashby Frank on the Conquest, he has a new video on YouTube...Mountain Twerker!

Wonder if he will be there when we get on Jan 5?

I don't know if this counts, but CD Matt Mitchum is on my short list!!! Holy Hotness, Batman :eek: My knees get weak just thinking about him. Sailed with him in May and October on the Glory. Normally I don't care about the CD, but yikes! If I had to choose between 2 Conquest Class ships with the same itinerary, have to go with Matt!

Wonder if he will be there when we get on Jan 5?

I don't know if this counts, but CD Matt Mitchum is on my short list!!! Holy Hotness, Batman :eek: My knees get weak just thinking about him. Sailed with him in May and October on the Glory. Normally I don't care about the CD, but yikes! If I had to choose between 2 Conquest Class ships with the same itinerary, have to go with Matt!

He is already off, and I don't think he renewed his contract. Sigh, double sigh! I love him!

My 4 year old DD had the biggest crush on Juan, a young guitarist/singer, on the Splendor in July. She would cry every night to go watch him play, and she would dance the whole time. He was very cute - looked like a young Ricky Martin in his Menudo days - the fact that I know what Ricky Martin looked like back then pretty much ensures I'm old enough to be Juan the guitarist's mother. :p

For those of you who have not yet sailed with Consuela Ivy... please take a look at a couple of videos I shot of her singing on the Carnival Breeze earlier this year. She is FANTASTIC!

Consuela singing "I Will Always Love You" at the past-guest party:

Consuela singing Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On":