Hello - Hawaiian Eye and Spleen

fourtunas

HI -

we the Fourtunas will be staying on Oahu from July 13 until July 16. One of you posted an excellent "tour around the island' but I cannot find it again. Can you give us the "road map around the island' and some good Local places to eat along the way - then some safe night life tc, but then again I remember reading from Hawaiin Eye to stop by Spleen93's - just kidding

thank you

Ahhh, but I have been here for 2 years and have never been invited over to Spleen's!

;)

I don't know the exact "road map" that they suggested, but let me know if there is anything I can help with!

Suebee,

I recently asked HE and Spleen for advice in Maui, and I negleted to mention you. I appologize.

I plan to use your photography suggestions at the AZ memorial.

I am so excited about visiting Hawaii for the first time I am about to burst.

Suzanne, no problem. I chirp in as a fairly new resident (2 years)...so I see a lot of things with a tourist eye still. My DH goes to Maui all of the time, but I have only been once. So I probably wouldnt have been much help in regards to that particular island!

I can understand about your excitement....I love to travel and have been lots of places. I havent been on a plane in 2 years and I am SO ITCHY! But we go to the Big Island in a couple of weeks and plan to stay at Kilauea for 1/2 of the time so it will be just wonderful to get out and slow down!

I am sure I speak for HE, Spleen, SweetEmi, BobandSandi, among others when I say, "let us know what we can help with!" :)

Love the name, Fourtunas. :)

We've posted a number of circle tours of Oahu in the past. The most recent was by Hawaiian Eye on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=193702

Other notable threads on this matter are:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=59341&highlight=clockwise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=194206&highlight=kua+aina

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=19153&highlight=clockwise

I personally prefer going around the island clockwise rather than counter clockwise (like Hawaiian Eye does it) but that may have to do with habit more than anything else.

And nobody's allowed to come to my place at this time - the place looks like a disaster zone (newborn in the house). :D

Spleen

Congratulations Spleen! What an exciting time for you!

And just think (at least for the mom)...that being pregnant takes 1/2 of your brain away (thus the scatterbrain-ness) and never gives it back. Now that I have 2 kids...I am out of my mind! LOL

It seems like you and DW may be scatterbrained, but you are just working twice as hard.

I even had a few halucinations while nursing Sean in the the middle of the night (almost 9 yers ago!!!!). Really I would just sort of 1/2 doze off and half hear things. All triggered by those nasty things called hormones.

Enjoy the baby girl. The next two year are such a special time. You have so many mile stones a head. 1st sitting-up, 1st standing, 1st steps.

My daugher was my second, and what a joy she was as a baby. I really had two at that point as they are just 17 months apart.

Congratulations, and again enjoy this special time.

THanks for all the info. We also plan on Dukes and Tiki's before we leave. We arrive this Saturday - to begin our trip on the NCL for 11days then we are staying at the Outrigger Shore Condo for the balance Thanks again and we are looking forward to our visit:) :) :) :)

Archived