IOS change of Itinery - Med from Southampton

Just had notification this morning that our itinery on IOS on Aug 24th from Southampton has. changed. They have reduced the sea days after departing Southampton to 1 and have added in Gibralter. Does anyone know if this is a permanent itinery change or just a one off

Yes last year we sailed again from Southampton and stopped at Gibralter. This year they added in Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca and dropped Gibralter.

It just seems strange that they have dropped a sea day as it means that they will have to increase speed through the Bay of Biscay.

Yes, just noticed it. I thought the previous itinerary was a bit slow in getting to Vigo. I think this is good, it gets to the warmer weather quicker and I quite like Gibraltar as a stop. It is 3.00pm until 9.00pm - a bit unusual !!

Just curious, are they adding port fees?

No the official letter from RCI states that there will be no increase in prices due to this change. Also states that the change was a response to customer feedback on the original itinery.

Archived