Stateroom advice for Fantasy with two under 5?

curlimommy

Traveling next January and trying to decide which category of veranda room to go with for my family of four...a 2.5 year old and almost 6 year old. I know we want mid ship to minimize any motion issues. Is it worth extra money to do the deluxe family veranda vs just regular deluxe veranda? I know we want the clear plexiglass patio and not solid white bottom. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This will be our second cruise, first with kids and first on Disney!

The difference is that the "family" will sleep 5 and the "regular" will only sleep 4. Basically you are talking about a little extra floor space. IMHO, not worth the cost with 2 little kids.

DCL's cabins are already about 1/3 larger than many competitors (this is in their ads and I can vouch that they are much larger than we had on Celebrity last year). You (we) spend relatively little time in the cabin, although you will probably be on the balcony while the little one naps. If you plan to hang out in the cabin, space may matter. If you use it to sleep, change clothes, and be there for nap time, it won't.

Just tried a couple of dummy bookings and the difference in price was around $100 (depending on category). For that amount the extra 53 sq.ft. of a family verandah might be worth it (especially if the little one is not in a regular bed yet and you will need a pack 'n play).

Traveling next January and trying to decide which category of veranda room to go with for my family of four...a 2.5 year old and almost 6 year old. I know we want mid ship to minimize any motion issues. Is it worth extra money to do the deluxe family veranda vs just regular deluxe veranda? I know we want the clear plexiglass patio and not solid white bottom. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This will be our second cruise, first with kids and first on Disney!

Firstly the Fantasy is fully stabilized so seasickness shouldn't be any problem its a large ship and also they try to avoid any bad weather if they can.

That said a midship, mid deck room is great,

With younger children floor space shouldnt be any issue, so choose what you want.

Having a verandah will be good, as when your 2.5 year old has an afternoon nap fo doing too much, then you can sit on your verandah near by order room service and still enjoy your cruise.

All rooms should have plexiglass in the mid ship area, its further back aft they have them.

My blogg has loads of photos of the fantasy.

Archived