ROYAL PRINCESS bridgecam

cruisenum7

what a beautiful ship.... well done PRINCESS..... millions and millions of dollars spent on something truly spectacular..... pity about the embarassing Black and White and low definition bridgecam! Maybe take a leaf out of other cruiselines' webcams like Hapag-Lloyd & Crystal.... even the bridgecams on all your older ships are clear and in colour!

Those are still pretty low quality images. There's a couple other lines that actually do decent shots on their cameras. Princess just doesn't seem to want to do it. (In fairness, obviously a better quality image would take more bandwidth to be updating it constantly.) But I have to agree, I was disappointed that it was the same ancient technology on the camera on the Royal.

You will probably find that during the day the images are not always so clear. It depends on the sun. As it is now summer in the Med with VERY strong sun then that will have an impact depending on which way the ship is facing. if the sun is directly in front then you are not going to see a great deal.

You will probably find that during the day the images are not always so clear. It depends on the sun. As it is now summer in the Med with VERY strong sun then that will have an impact depending on which way the ship is facing. if the sun is directly in front then you are not going to see a great deal.

cmon SwissDave! Nothing to do with the sun etc.... as I stated on my original thread, look at the the bridgecams on CRYSTAL and HAPAG LLOYD and the quality will amaze you. Cheers mate.

what a beautiful ship.... well done PRINCESS..... millions and millions of dollars spent on something truly spectacular..... pity about the embarassing Black and White and low definition bridgecam! Maybe take a leaf out of other cruiselines' webcams like Hapag-Lloyd & Crystal.... even the bridgecams on all your older ships are clear and in colour!

I have been so wanting to post about this on Princess Face Book, but with no knowledge of the technical side of things, I was thinking it was just a glitch they have yet to fix. Such a shame, it seems that's not the case at all.:mad:

Archived