Need a little help finding the right cruise

Karen@Steve

My 30 something adult DS has mentioned that he would like to take a singles cruise. Since I have accumulated an outrageous number of timeshare points that can be used for cruises, I'd like to book one for him as a surprise. He's mentioned Carnival but I know absolutely nothing about the line as we cruise on other brands.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for looking at appropriate cruises? I think 5 to 7 days would about right. I don't want to use a travel agent since it wouldn't be fair as I have to book through the timeshare company.

So any suggestion of ships, itineraries or places where singles cruises would be listed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Go carnival.com and look at what they have to offer. Then if you can narrow it down to a few post back on here and ask opinions. As it is now, I think your question is too broad and can get WAYYY too many answers.

I believe that once you find the best ship/itinerary for you , you will have to book thru your timeshare company to use your points. Contact them .

You will have to do your own research as a TA can't book you using points.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you have too many timeshare points just let me know lol ;)

There is a forum on here for singles cruises. Perhaps that can give you some insight as to what the best cruises/lines would be for a singles cruise. I've not been but I'm sure there would be a lot of helpful info there as well. Dates, ships, etc that singles cruises are being offered on. Thats really where you need to start.

Just to clarify...there are solo cruisers and there are singles cruises. And there is a difference :) I learned that when I started cruising alone...I figured I was a "single" cruiser...but found out I'm really a solo cruiser :) who may or may not be single lol! Anyway, be clear on what he means would be my suggestion.

If its a singles cruise he is looking for I am sure there are different cruises organized by different groups of singles on all lines. Pare it down a bit and if its on a Carnival ship ask away :) Or hopefully someone will come along here who has been on a singles cruise and offer more info.

Happy cruising to your son!

There are cruises out there. Look in the internet for singles cruises. There are several lines that have them, the general age bracket etc. V to Go lists some. Those singles cruises are usually booked in a specific grouping, but maybe your TA can somehow coordinate a booking using your credits. Don't know how that works. Singles cruises are more costly, but all activities are planned and you stay together if you choose. So, if you find a cruise date for singles cruise and book it without going through the sponsor thinking he can join in, it doesn't give the single person rights to their activities.

Another thought....googling single cruises may pull up some good results. Like I mentioned..."singles" cruises are organzied for specific ships and dates. Any of those websites may provide some info on what is available. I don't think the specific cruise line websites will. These types of cruises are organized...outside of the cruise line themselves.

Archived