Don't Want to Miss the Boat!!!

NaturesDawn

Hi! My husband and I are sailing on Serenade of the Seas on July 10 to Alaska. I've been working on planning shore excursions, but I'm not sure what the embark/disembark procedures are and how much time to allow. For example, our itinerary says we will be in port one day from 8-3. Does that mean that we can get off the boat at 8 and be back in line to board no later than 3? Or does the ship sail at 3 and we need to be back on the ship much earlier? How long are the lines to get back on the ship and how long does it usually take to get back on board? I definately don't want to schedule one of my excursions too late! I'm hoping that some of the more experienced cruisers out there might help us out here!!! :eek: Thanks!!

Hi! My husband and I are sailing on Serenade of the Seas on July 10 to Alaska. I've been working on planning shore excursions, but I'm not sure what the embark/disembark procedures are and how much time to allow. For example, our itinerary says we will be in port one day from 8-3. Does that mean that we can get off the boat at 8 and be back in line to board no later than 3? Or does the ship sail at 3 and we need to be back on the ship much earlier? How long are the lines to get back on the ship and how long does it usually take to get back on board? I definately don't want to schedule one of my excursions too late! I'm hoping that some of the more experienced cruisers out there might help us out here!!! :eek: Thanks!!

They normally advise you to be back on the ship 30 mins before sail time. They will leave at 3. Its usually a good idea to be back in walking distance of the ship about an hour before sail time. So many things can happen to delay your return to the ship.

Im sure others that have sailed your itinerary will add more info. Have you visited the Alaskan port of call board? Lots of great info over there.

Thanks Matigari! I checked with this board first because "getting on the boat" seemed like such a newbie question. I'll check out the Alaska board too. How long does it usually take to get back on the ship? Or off the ship in the morning? Just want to make sure I'm timing things right.

Archived