Minor Child Paperwork Question

krkheffe

I have a situation I have called and asked Carnival about and received conflicting answers. I will be travelling with a 16, 18 and 19 yr old in October on the Freedom. My question is concerning the 16 yr old. She does NOT have a drivers license but will have a valid passport. Her biological father died when she was 4 yrs old and I have since remarried. My new husband did not legally adopt my children.

Even though my husband now is not legally her father, I am planning to have him write a letter that she has his permission to travel with me since he will not be there. I will also have her passport, her birth certificate, her biological Dad's death certificate, and a copy of my marriage license since my name does not match hers.

I want to make sure all the bases are covered....am I forgetting something or will this be OK?

Thanks for your help....

I would think her passport would be enough. Since your husband is not her father a letter from him wouldn't serve any purpose, especially since their last names are different. Wouldn't hurt to take her father's DC I suppose.

Just got off the Carnival Magic today. We took our 11yo dd's bestie with us this as well. We did have a letter from both her parents but was never asked to show it.

She had her passport and that was all that was needed for her. Have a great time, and don't worry about it.

Since you have her passport and her biological father's death certificate, you are covered, if you are even asked for it.

I read this for certain when I was verifying needing the notorized letter from my children's father acknowledging their trip.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I would think her passport would be enough. Since your husband is not her father a letter from him wouldn't serve any purpose, especially since their last names are different. Wouldn't hurt to take her father's DC I suppose.

Yeah, I figured the letter would serve no purpose but will take up hardly any space and make me feel like the bases are covered.

thanks!

Hmmm...I forgot about having the letter notarized...maybe since I probably won't need it anyway then I don't need to worry about that!

Thanks everyone for the replies! It helps to double check to make sure I didn't think of something.

Archived