My Blog - Radiance Southbound June 21-28

subtchr

I love the organization of your blog! Are there directions online on how you set up your blog - specifically the tabs? I do have a blogspot account, so I at least have that part down, lol. I would love to do something similar for my trip.

I love the organization of your blog! Are there directions online on how you set up your blog - specifically the tabs? I do have a blogspot account, so I at least have that part down, lol. I would love to do something similar for my trip.

No online directions, I just played around with it to get it the way I wanted!

The short version is that the opening page (Home) is a POST. The port information was added as a PAGE for each port (in Blogger click on PAGES under POSTS). There is the option to show pages as top tabs or side links, your choice. The links list to the side I added as a gadget in the layout.

If that doesn't make sense or you have any other questions, either ask here or email me at sue dot guindon at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Wow, what a great blog. Thanks so much. We are going in July 2014, and so many of the things you mentioned are what I am considering doing, so I am sure will be re-reading it several times.

I am thinking of doing Hatcher Pass so it was really great to see your pics of that.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words!

I have scanned the cruise compasses and other info, and added the links to my blog, in the sidebar. Here are the direct links, if anyone is interested:

RADIANCE of the SEAS SOUTHBOUND CRUISE COMPASSES JUNE 21-28

STAFF BIOS, DECK PLANS, ETC. (One note, Captain Sindre left after our cruise)

INTERNET INFO & PLANNER SHEETS

I hope this is helpful!

Great blog - we are going next May and even though my itinerary is different, I will be in some of the same cities and will use your blog as a reference. I should learn how to put together a blog like you did.

Your blog was great! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I do have a question. Weren't you able to use the train coupon from Anchorage to Seward?

Thanks!

We chose not to use the coupon because we wanted to do the GoldStar service. The coupon is only on Adventure Class. It was definitely worth it to us!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled onto your blog. What an amazing blog you created!!! DH and I are doing southbound next June and I've been on the fence with a few of the tours you did. I'm sold! I'm trying to get everything researched and planned out ahead of time. THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing your amazing trip. Only hope mine is half as great as yours!:cool:

• 8 months later...

I just discovered your fantastic blog. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures. We were on the Radiance for the southbound route in 2012. Reading your blog was like reliving our experience. Thanks!

Sue,

I love your blog format. Did you use an App for that? I just returned from my northbound Alaska trip. I would love to do a blog like yours. Where do I start?

Thanks again.

Lynn

No App, I just played around with the blogspot templates to get it the way I wanted! Just go to blogspot.com to create an account, and start experimenting.

The short version is that the opening page (Home) is a POST. The port information was added as a PAGE for each port (in Blogger click on PAGES under POSTS). There is the option to show pages as top tabs or side links, your choice. The links list to the side I added as a gadget in the layout.

Let me know if you have any questions!