Any toddler friendly excursions?

ShanteS

Hello all,

I'll be sailing with family in August and I'm looking for some child friendly excursions to look into. This will be my daughters first cruise and she'll be a week shy of her 2nd birthday when we cruise. Any suggestions on things to do, places to see, and/or best family friendly beaches? This is my first cruise as a mommy so I'm clueless on any excursions we'd be able to take. I normally prefer hands on types of excursions (cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling, etc.) but I'm too nervous to do any of that with my daughter in tow. I am also completely ok with staying onboard the ship or the area right outside of the ship as I've been to all of the stops before (pre-baby) but I'd like to get her involved in some activities if I can. I read somewhere about a butterfly farm? Is it here in St. Martin? Thanks for any help! :)

Hello all,

I'll be sailing with family in August and I'm looking for some child friendly excursions to look into. This will be my daughters first cruise and she'll be a week shy of her 2nd birthday when we cruise. Any suggestions on things to do, places to see, and/or best family friendly beaches? This is my first cruise as a mommy so I'm clueless on any excursions we'd be able to take. I normally prefer hands on types of excursions (cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling, etc.) but I'm too nervous to do any of that with my daughter in tow. I am also completely ok with staying onboard the ship or the area right outside of the ship as I've been to all of the stops before (pre-baby) but I'd like to get her involved in some activities if I can. I read somewhere about a butterfly farm? Is it here in St. Martin? Thanks for any help! :)

Will you be there on a Thursday? Aquamania has a lagoon cruise, Carousel ride and visit to the Carousel Icecream parlor which is a beautiful building and the Icecream is delicious.

The OP, ShanteS, appears to be on the Valor.

We were on her in May, and it calls on St. Maarten on Saturdays, 07:00 - 17:00.

The Butterfly Farm might be a good alternative, and they can do that with taxi rides, not needing to book an excursion.

Include le Galion (Baby Beach) if they want to include some beach time.

gary

The OP, ShanteS, appears to be on the Valor.

We were on her in May, and it calls on St. Maarten on Saturdays, 07:00 - 17:00.

The Butterfly Farm might be a good alternative, and they can do that with taxi rides, not needing to book an excursion.

Include le Galion (Baby Beach) if they want to include some beach time.

gary

The butterfly farm and Le Galion is a great option. This would make for a nice day.

Here's another option. Take a taxi to The Simpson Bay Marina and take the shopping excursion to Marigot by boat. My kids all loved boat rides at this age and this one goes through the calm and scenic lagoon. Saturday is market day and there are many craft vendors there as well. You will have time for lunch and then take the boat trip back and on the way to the ship have the taxi stop at the Carousel. This is a really great place. This option might be nice if you are all beached out on this very port extensive southern Caribbean route. They will call a taxi for you if you need one if you didn't have yours wait.

Aquamania does this trip BTW and I think it's $12 pp but not sure how much for the under 2 crowd.:)

The butterfly farm and Le Galion is a great option. This would make for a nice day.

Here's another option. Take a taxi to The Simpson Bay Marina and take the shopping excursion to Marigot by boat. My kids all loved boat rides at this age and this one goes through the calm and scenic lagoon. Saturday is market day and there are many craft vendors there as well. You will have time for lunch and then take the boat trip back and on the way to the ship have the taxi stop at the Carousel. This is a really great place. This option might be nice if you are all beached out on this very port extensive southern Caribbean route. They will call a taxi for you if you need one if you didn't have yours wait.

Aquamania does this trip BTW and I think it's $12 pp but not sure how much for the under 2 crowd.:)

The marina is at the Simpson Bay resort and may still be named the Pelican marina after the former name of the resort.

Archived