NOLA Riverwalk question

Uncle Lar

We've been trying to determine (without calling) if the Riverwalk Marketplace is currently closed and under re-construction. Information we see on line says the facility will re-open in 2014.......BUT WHEN in 2014?

Can anyone confirm? We will be there end of January.

Thanks

It is still open (as of this past Saturday). Most of the stores are still operating, but many of the outlets in the food court have shut down.

There has been very little publicity over the past several months about when the renovations will begin, or be completed, so as far as what will be there in January, your guess is as good as mine.

This will be our first visit to New Orleans. Trying to find as much info as possible...the internet is a wonderful thing! As you said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the Riverwalk renovations. I guess we will find out.

Thanks Again.

We've been trying to determine (without calling) if the Riverwalk Marketplace is currently closed and under re-construction. Information we see on line says the facility will re-open in 2014.......BUT WHEN in 2014?

Can anyone confirm? We will be there end of January.

Thanks

My gf and I just returned from the Big Easy recently and we were informed by security that the Riverwalk was closed and undergoing renovations to become an outlet mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Archived