Why doesn't Carnival have an app?

Sapphy

I've been wondering lately why Carnival doesn't have an app for smart phones. I'm not sure if other lines do, but with more and more people using smart phones it seems like it would be beneficial. I would love an app that allows me to search for and book a cruise, monitor price, see ship deck plans/features and manage my cruise. I'm on my phone more than a regular computer so it would be nice to do these things while on the go.

As for security/privacy, banks have mobile apps, so there must be a way. I'm just thinking it would be very attractive and fun to have.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I use Cruise Mate and you can pick the cruise line and what ship you are sailing on and the date and there are links to excursions, activities, deck plans, plan your days chat with friends, locate your ship and cams. You can research excursions and explore your ship...

I've been wondering lately why Carnival doesn't have an app for smart phones. I'm not sure if other lines do, but with more and more people using smart phones it seems like it would be beneficial. I would love an app that allows me to search for and book a cruise, monitor price, see ship deck plans/features and manage my cruise. I'm on my phone more than a regular computer so it would be nice to do these things while on the go.

As for security/privacy, banks have mobile apps, so there must be a way. I'm just thinking it would be very attractive and fun to have.

Agree, an app made just for the phone would be great -- I use Ship Mate, too, but it doesn't offer the functions of the Carnival website.

My thought, though, is that the actual Carnival website doesn't run well any two days in a row, so the chances of their app working well are slim!:p

You must have just got the email from NCL to download their app, too....

I agree, it would be nice to have the app. I ended up saving some pictures from CruiseMate so I would have to reference.

I would love to access the interactive map from my phone. Why not let us access the Fun Hub free stuff on our phone.

They had a great idea with the Fun hub when they rolled it out but never followed through. I thought 3 years ago why not have everyone set up their profile before they boarded and interact as part of the pre-cruise process. Those that didn't want to, didn't have to - but in today's digital age of twitter, snap chat, facebook - they could do better.

I actually didn't know NCL has an app. I was wondering as a result of trying to do a mock booking to check prices on my phone and getting really frustrated. If NCL has one now, maybe other lines will follow as well.

I actually didn't know NCL has an app. I was wondering as a result of trying to do a mock booking to check prices on my phone and getting really frustrated. If NCL has one now, maybe other lines will follow as well.

NCL, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean all have apps

Archived