Internet on MSC Divina?

bzv143

YIKES! I hope your memory serves you incorrectly...that translates to $150 for one day of Internet!

That sounds about right to me. It is not 24 hours in the way you are interpreting it as a day but 24 hours use (I.e actually connected). So for it to be a day, you'd need to be connected the entire day and night.

There are other packages too like 1 hour, etc. I usually get either the 4 or 8 hour depending on the length of my cruise.

Unless you're going to be spending more than. 3 hours per day online, the 24 hour package would be too much for a 7 night cruise.

Remember to always logout of their browser each time you're finished, otherwise those minutes keep ticking away and you will use upmall your credit very quickly.

With 3000 guests would it be advisory to bring the cost down? I would presume 1000 guests pay for internet wether it be 1h or 24h if costs was lower 2000 may use it & may be possibly all 3000, hopefully not all at once but that price is asking to much :(

The prices I had from the Musica are:

€10 for 60 mins, €15 for 100 mins, €50 for 8 hours or €120 for 24 hours.

I believe the numbers were the same but in USD aboard the Fantasia.

This is total connection time so if you connect for 1 minute, you use 1 minute only.

With 3000 guests would it be advisory to bring the cost down? I would presume 1000 guests pay for internet wether it be 1h or 24h if costs was lower 2000 may use it & may be possibly all 3000, hopefully not all at once but that price is asking to much :(

I really don't think it is that expensive. I read an article somewhere (can't remember where now) comparing all the major lines prices and MSC's were not the most expensive. The more time you buy, the cheaper per minute it works out at.

Those that do find this too expensive, don't have to use it and can instead look for free or cheaper options onshore.

If all you want to do is quickly download emails to keep in touch a few times per week then the €10 or 15 packages would cover it.

I really don't think it is that expensive. I read an article somewhere (can't remember where now) comparing all the major lines prices and MSC's were not the most expensive. The more time you buy, the cheaper per minute it works out at.

Those that do find this too expensive, don't have to use it and can instead look for free or cheaper options onshore.

If all you want to do is quickly download emails to keep in touch a few times per week then the €10 or 15 packages would cover it.

Its not about comparatives, at the end of the day its all about money!!! Them making it you saving it, the point I am trying to make is the cheaper it is the more people would use it and the company would or could make more money in my eyes its win win all round, for you to say we can use on shore services is a daft comment as this is an obvious choice everyone would be aware of :cool:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but there is really no need to be rude.

I'm sure if it were cheaper then, yes more folk would use it. Could be though that if everyone were using it, particularly at sea, the speed may deteriorate dramatically.

Guess well just have to agree to disagree. I think the cost is reasonable, you clearly don't.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but there is really no need to be rude.

I'm sure if it were cheaper then, yes more folk would use it. Could be though that if everyone were using it, particularly at sea, the speed may deteriorate dramatically.

Guess well just have to agree to disagree. I think the cost is reasonable, you clearly don't.

I am really sorry if I came across rude :confused:

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Below are the rates for internet for wifi and use in the Cyber Cafe.

Wifi (Caribbean):

$29.90 for 60 minutes

$44.90 for 100 minutes

$99.90 for 300 minutes

$149 for 480 minutes (8 hours)

$299.90 for 1,440 minutes (24 hours)

(Can pre-purchase packages. Not refundable if not used)

Cyber Café (Caribbean):

$4.99 First 10 minutes

$0.60 Each additional minute

$34.99 One hour package