Independent Belize Excursions

CaribbeanLuver

Please beware that Coral Breeze changed their boat crew from Hammerhead after we booked with them. We went in April and the snorkeling was good , but they crammed us in a small boat with one outboard, and we were plastered with spray the hour and 20 minute trip. My wife went as an observer and was miserable..If it were me I would take the water taxi to Caulkner and hire a snorkel trip there, as it is only 4 minutes to Shark Ray alley.. Coral Breeze used to be excellent, but not any more.

Please beware that Coral Breeze changed their boat crew from Hammerhead after we booked with them. We went in April and the snorkeling was good , but they crammed us in a small boat with one outboard, and we were plastered with spray the hour and 20 minute trip. My wife went as an observer and was miserable..If it were me I would take the water taxi to Caulkner and hire a snorkel trip there, as it is only 4 minutes to Shark Ray alley.. Coral Breeze used to be excellent, but not any more.

Can you give me more info on the water taxi and snorkeling on your own. I REALLLLLLY wanna snorkel the reef, but my family wants to see the ruins. We are doing the shortest ruins tour and I am looking at finding an option to snorkel the reef after the ruins. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

Here is a water taxi schedule. You walk out the terminal, through the iron gate, turn left , go just a bit and left into an area with offices and shops. The taxi station is at the end on the right. It is NOT dangerous to walk here.I pasted a snorkel deal from Caulkner with several options

http://cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/

http://tsunamiadventures.com/snorkeling-tours/

Is taking a water taxi and doing the Local Reef Caye Caulker doable with the cruise ship schedule. The ship leaves at 5 p.m. so one would have to do the 10:30 a.m. tour. The Liberty arrives in Belize at 8 a.m. so it doesn't look possible to get a water taxi in time to arrive at Caye Caulker at 10:30 a.m. What are the other independent options?

We did our own snorkeling/swimming with the rays and sharks and lunch on Caye Caulker tour. Ivar took us out and could not have had a better day. We met him right outside the gated area of the port and he took us to the boat. Had an awesome full day! We are using him again in December. Nice guy!

pbuay@yahoo

I have never tried to snorkle in Belize, we have always done the tubing. I am interested in just getting in some beach time and off beach snorkling. Can we do it this way or is this the plan for off boat snorkling only? Please give me some details. Thanks.

I had heard really, really good things about Sea Sports Belize, though they are a tad on the expensive side ($90 p/p). I am willing to bet they do give a hell of an excursion, but they have been slow to respond to my inquiries. Also, the day I will be in port is Sept. 10 which is a holiday in Belize, and they have told me they are trying to find out if they can get people to work that day. But it was weeks ago and I haven't heard back.

• 2 weeks later...
I had heard really, really good things about Sea Sports Belize, though they are a tad on the expensive side ($90 p/p). I am willing to bet they do give a hell of an excursion, but they have been slow to respond to my inquiries. Also, the day I will be in port is Sept. 10 which is a holiday in Belize, and they have told me they are trying to find out if they can get people to work that day. But it was weeks ago and I haven't heard back.

FYI (not that anyone cares) -- I did hear back. Booked with Sea Sports Belize.

FYI (not that anyone cares) -- I did hear back. Booked with Sea Sports Belize.

Would love to hear how it goes. We were with Hammerhead last time in Belize and are returning in October.

Would love to hear how it goes. We were with Hammerhead last time in Belize and are returning in October.

Sure. Don't know if I'll remember this specific thread but I'll try to put a review for them here in the Belize forum. My sail date is Sept 7-14.

tried to book snorkeling with eco tours belize with their shark alley and caye caulker trip @ $60 pp on 8/15 and they said tour was cancelled due to lack of reservations. can go to goffs caye but who wants to snorkel from the water and sit in sun all days as they have no shade?

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a water taxi schedule. You walk out the terminal, through the iron gate, turn left , go just a bit and left into an area with offices and shops. The taxi station is at the end on the right. It is NOT dangerous to walk here.I pasted a snorkel deal from Caulkner with several options

http://cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/

http://tsunamiadventures.com/snorkeling-tours/

This looks like a great option - did you use them?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived