Need help with Boston

My wife and I will be taking the Jewel of the Seas out of Boston. Could someone help with a good hotel close to the cruise port. We will be coming in 2 days early to see some of the sights, want to see the Freedom trail. If anyone has used hotwire what are the zones that I want to stay in. Thanks for your help.

The Seaport hotel is very nice and within walking distance to the pier, however you'll be across the harbor from downtown Boston. If you prefer to stay closer to town and have a short cab ride to the pier, the Marriott Long Warf is a good choice, as are the Millenium, Holiday Inn Government Center and the Wyndham.

I live near Boston and the Marriott Longwharf is definitely a good place to wander around from - very safe area, very central... right on Boston harbor... you can watch the activity on the harbor, wander into Qunicy Market for little shops and great food stalls ... you can even walk to the North End for amazing Italian cuisine.

You will have to take a taxi to the pier (but really there is very little at the pier area and I wouldn't stay there if I wanted to do something the night before the cruise). It is only about 10 minutes away and taxis are plentiful, so if you can afford the Longwharf that is where I would stay.

We just booked the Marriott Long Warf for $200 a night for October 21, 2005, just before our cruise on the Jewel. They have a special, but it does not include breakfast - for a savings of $250.00 a night, I will buy my own breakfast. Ha Ha

Good luck.....

Boston is a small walkable town. You can stay in the financial district and be a five minute cab ride to the peir. From the financil district you can walk to most historic and tourist sites. Go to Priceline and bid $70 on a four star hotel in the financial district.

Marc

http://www.jurysdoyle.com/

Boston's Jury Hotel is an Irish chain that opened just in time for the 04 Dem Convention. Its located in the old Boston PD buiding, they did a great job making it to a hotel. Ask for a corner room as they are the bigger than the others. The most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept in. Check out trip advisor for more comments. I will never stay at another hotel in bostin

The Seaport Hotel is my choice. It's within walking distance to the downtown area. The water taxis is just across the street. It is the closes hotel to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Just my opinion.

Happy Sailings!:)

Archived