Breakaway...questions for past cruisers

familyof8

My husband and I will be sailing the Breakaway in about a month. We have a few questions for those of you who have cruised on this beautiful ship. Is there a great place that is not crowded to watch the ship sail away from port? We were on the Dream last year and I found a thread on CC that gave directions to get to the front of the ship which is not well "advertised". We were one of about fifteen that utilized this space and we really enjoyed watching us sail away. However, if we were not told about this We would never have known unless we were staying on that particular floor.

Also, our sailing is in Bermuda for 3 days...is it worth it to include the drink package at $50 a day? My husband and I love our cocktails and on past cruises have found that we do well with the drink package. However, being off the ship for 3 days we are not too sure if this will be beneficial.

My husband and I will be sailing the Breakaway in about a month. We have a few questions for those of you who have cruised on this beautiful ship. Is there a great place that is not crowded to watch the ship sail away from port? We were on the Dream last year and I found a thread on CC that gave directions to get to the front of the ship which is not well "advertised". We were one of about fifteen that utilized this space and we really enjoyed watching us sail away. However, if we were not told about this We would never have known unless we were staying on that particular floor.

Also, our sailing is in Bermuda for 3 days...is it worth it to include the drink package at $50 a day? My husband and I love our cocktails and on past cruises have found that we do well with the drink package. However, being off the ship for 3 days we are not too sure if this will be beneficial.

.....for sailaway, here is a link that asked the same question, maybe that will help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1878079

As for the UBP, from the sound of things (My husband and I love our cocktails), I'm sure you and your husband can make up for the lost time while on the island.

;)

wasiii

There are some great nooks you can watch sail away from. I enjoyed the waterfront level viewing

As for the drink package, I drink a decent amount but didn't find it would work for us. My husband drinks beer and wine and we figured out it would have to be 9.3 beers per day. We prebought our wine the first day and saved money that way

We really considered the drinks package too...I consider us to be above average drinkers- especially cocktails. However! We really whooped it up on the first night and didn't feel like drinking day two...(you have until day two to decide to buy package- i asked at guest services). So we decided against it, but drank as we normally would for the rest of the trip (cocktails, then at least one or two glasses of wine at dinner). We also payed corkage on 5 bottles of champagne, which we would have in the room, taking the last glass as we walked the ship. On the way home Sunday, I added up our booze tab and was shocked to discover it was only a little more than $500 for two adults and a 20 year old who did a fair amount of drinking. I really think the itinerary does not lend itself to 7 drinks a day (to make the plan worth it).

Thank you for responding. This is what we were trying to figure out. With being off the ship for 3 days we wondered if it was worth it. I think we will go al la carte for our beverages this time.

Archived