CAS deals & Onboard credit deals

khaide612

I have a free CAS offer. I am looking to upgrade to an SE and pay the difference. If I book through NCL right now, there is a $300 onboard credit. Has anyone gotten this OBC from CAS? Or any ideas as to how to get some from other sources? ;)

I have a free CAS offer. I am looking to upgrade to an SE and pay the difference. If I book through NCL right now, there is a $300 onboard credit. Has anyone gotten this OBC from CAS? Or any ideas as to how to get some from other sources? ;)

From past experience, if you go through CAS, you only get a small OBC. If you book through NCL then you get what the OBC rate is they are offering. One has nothing to do with another. Free cabin (+tax & gratuities) or more OBC + going rate for your SE category. Only you can decide what is a better deal !

It's difficult to get OBC combined with a comp CAS cruise. Most offers are not combineable at all (even CAS "Birthday" OBC, if they send it to you, which is weird considering it's from CAS itself). When you CAN combine them, you will only get the OBC for the original comped cabin, no matter how much you pay for an upgrade - so if they are comping you an inside cabin, and you upgrade to a suite, and current offer is $25 for inside and $300 for suite, you only get the $25. Often it is cheaper to use the CAS discount rather than the comp (especially if you are comped a very low level and plan to upgrade to a suite), as the discount is more combineable with other offers than the comp.

Robin

I also got a discount rather than a comp but with the 20% discount and 550 total obc we got a real nice deal on the OS. I imagine it was at least comparable if not better than upgrading a comp room.

Hi- I had same question. i was comped a S6 - Aft PH suite on epic in march 2014. I booked at least 10 months in advance. i asked CAS about the haven OBC and 9 month in advance and was told i would only get the 150 OBC ( maybe latitudes) the other OBC were for full paid suites

:(

But really can't complain since my suite was fully comped.;)

You will get an onboard credit but only for the cabin you qualify for. Example, we qualified for comped mini but upgraded to suite and paid the difference OBC for only $70 for the mini

Archived