First Cruise planning -----Please Help ----

Hi All

Am new to this site, am planning a very special cruise for next summer May 2014 looking at liberty of Sea in med, looking for advice please, when should i book?

should i do an all in one fly/cruise with RCCL?

was thinking of a PR cabin as may suffer motion sickness and read in reviews that inside midship cabins were the best, so what Pr cabins would you personally recommend?

Any help, advice, recommendations etc would be greatly appreciated. xxx:)

I cannot comment on the Med cruise as we are due to go on our first next April. I can however comment on the PR stateroom. We were in one on the Voyager of the Seas for an 18 day cruise in Australia and New Zealand. A balcony cabin was too expensive and an Inside was too small. The extra space afforded by the window seat and the extra seating area were highly appreciated. It's really only an extra 7 sq ft, but having a couch and the window seat was very good. We were midships, not far from the aft elevators. Our room overlooked Guest Services and was very quiet. We only heard a little noise (very little!) on the two nights there were parades - otherwise the sound insulation worked very well. There was very little motion, even in quite rough weather in the Tasman Sea. Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi All

Am new to this site, am planning a very special cruise for next summer May 2014 looking at liberty of Sea in med, looking for advice please, when should i book?

should i do an all in one fly/cruise with RCCL?

was thinking of a PR cabin as may suffer motion sickness and read in reviews that inside midship cabins were the best, so what Pr cabins would you personally recommend?

Any help, advice, recommendations etc would be greatly appreciated. xxx:)

Hi and welcome to CC. Always book as early as possible. That way your price can go down, but never up (at least that's how it works here, you should check to see what the rules are where you live). Most of my currently booked cruises are now more than when I booked them. Yes, for motion sickness center and low are best. Not sure what to tell you about fly/cruise packages for you because I'm from the states. When we have to fly internationally, we usually get a good deal using Choice Air which is owned by Royal.

If it were me, I would book now. RCCL has cut back on the number of Med sailings next year as sales were soft this year and as a result significant price drops were instituted.

If a balcony is out of your reach, than a Promenade cabin would be the next step down.

Happy sailing!

Book now. I always book at least a year ahead (due to Australia's Tyranny of Distance) and apart from last minute bookings (which we cannot do due to buying airfares) I haven't seen them go down in price.

Cannot comment on Choice Air - again not usable for us.

What ports are you doing? I would do independent tours. In the Med. the ship tours were in 40 seated buses and looked like mobs of sheep being herded along.

We did Civitavecchia, Messina, Crete, Athens, Ephasus and Chania. If you are going to any of those ports you might like to look at the blog below "Raina and Sarah in Europe". It's not written as a formal cruise review but days 19 to 26 give heaps of info that might help.

Have a brilliant time!!!!!!

Raina

I cannot comment on the Med cruise as we are due to go on our first next April. I can however comment on the PR stateroom. We were in one on the Voyager of the Seas for an 18 day cruise in Australia and New Zealand. A balcony cabin was too expensive and an Inside was too small. The extra space afforded by the window seat and the extra seating area were highly appreciated. It's really only an extra 7 sq ft, but having a couch and the window seat was very good. We were midships, not far from the aft elevators. Our room overlooked Guest Services and was very quiet. We only heard a little noise (very little!) on the two nights there were parades - otherwise the sound insulation worked very well. There was very little motion, even in quite rough weather in the Tasman Sea. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you so much, x

Booking early is usually the best thing to do. Watch for price drops and contact whoever

you book with. You can do that until final payment...................good luck and wishing you a nice cruise..............

Hi and welcome to CC. Always book as early as possible. That way your price can go down, but never up (at least that's how it works here, you should check to see what the rules are where you live). Most of my currently booked cruises are now more than when I booked them. Yes, for motion sickness center and low are best. Not sure what to tell you about fly/cruise packages for you because I'm from the states. When we have to fly internationally, we usually get a good deal using Choice Air which is owned by Royal.

Thank you so much xxx

Book now. I always book at least a year ahead (due to Australia's Tyranny of Distance) and apart from last minute bookings (which we cannot do due to buying airfares) I haven't seen them go down in price.

Cannot comment on Choice Air - again not usable for us.

What ports are you doing? I would do independent tours. In the Med. the ship tours were in 40 seated buses and looked like mobs of sheep being herded along.

We did Civitavecchia, Messina, Crete, Athens, Ephasus and Chania. If you are going to any of those ports you might like to look at the blog below "Raina and Sarah in Europe". It's not written as a formal cruise review but days 19 to 26 give heaps of info that might help.

Have a brilliant time!!!!!!

Raina

Thank you so much xxx

If it were me, I would book now. RCCL has cut back on the number of Med sailings next year as sales were soft this year and as a result significant price drops were instituted.

If a balcony is out of your reach, than a Promenade cabin would be the next step down.

Happy sailing!

thank you so much xx

If it were me, I would consider booking an Oceanview window cabin, instead of a promenade cabin, depending on the price difference. If I couldn't afford a balcony, I think I would appreciate the outside view and natural light.

Archived