REVIEW! Norwegian Dawn 28 June-5 July 2013

DMLyons

Hey Justcake,

We will be in 12000 in October. Can you let us know how hot it gets in the master bedroom and whether or not you can actually block out the light? The curtains seem weird in photographs. Gratefully, margretha

Of course! Only 19 days to go!!!!

Speaking of which, the old system you'll read about where people had to put a key card in the slot to keep the A/C on (and jury rig with another card with a magnetic strip when they were out of the room) is no more. They have installed two slide-bar A/C/heat controls (one in the living room and one in the bedroom), which allow you to set the temp and leave it there.

The A/C controls have always been like that on Dawn and Jewel class ships at least. Maybe you might be mixing that info with Epic and Breakaway which both have card slots in rooms or ships on some other cruise line. :)

Thanks for posting the review. It seems there are not many Dawn reviews lately! We leave on the 26th for our first NCL cruise on the Dawn in an Owners Suite so I really appreciate the review!

One question about the captain's party - was it on the first day of the cruise or on the first sea day and what time was it? Thanks so much for the great info

Tammi

First day for us and at about 7 pm. Have fun!

DML

The A/C controls have always been like that on Dawn and Jewel class ships at least. Maybe you might be mixing that info with Epic and Breakaway which both have card slots in rooms or ships on some other cruise line. :)

The problem (from my POV) is that a lot of people posting information do NOT make the distinction, so we were expecting the other system. I see it a lot when people pop off with the information about checking your OBC on the TV, which doesn't work on the older class ships, either. People really should pay attention to which ship someone is talking about before popping off with an answer that doesn't apply, but people don't always read the question clearly...or the question isn't posed clearly...or both. :rolleyes:

DML

I'd have been tempted to respond: "I had considered asking you the same question, but then thought it rude of me to do so." before thinking better of it and responding with a simple "Yes, we are." I can imagine being taken aback by the inquiry at the time.

My husband took it, which is good, because I would have been temped to say something really sarcastic in response to them.

DML

The final set of pictures came in, and it included a few pictures from the bridge tour. Unfortunately, the pictures of the ornamental brasswork didn't take well, but I got a good picture of the "cockpit."

SMBridge2.jpg

SMBridge3.jpg

Also, I got a good shot or two of the hairstyle I had done aboard ship (in the spa).

SMHairstyle1.jpg

SMHairstyle2.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to do the review. I will be on Dawn next June. I was on the Spirit in 2010 and the Chocolate Buffet was at midnight. My DD, who was five at the time, was not able to go because she was wiped out. What time was the Chocolate Buffet on Dawn? My DD would like to go this time.

The final set of pictures came in, and it included a few pictures from the bridge tour. Unfortunately, the pictures of the ornamental brasswork didn't take well, but I got a good picture of the "cockpit."

SMBridge2.jpg

SMBridge3.jpg

Also, I got a good shot or two of the hairstyle I had done aboard ship (in the spa).

SMHairstyle1.jpg

SMHairstyle2.jpg

Your hair looks very pretty. Thanks for the review...... You guys seemed to have a great time, and enjoyed i=each others company. that is a great accomplishment after 25 years of marriage.....I wish you many more years of happiness.

BTW: Is that tall skinny guy the Captain....he looks so young....someone should give him a cheeseburger...lol

DMLyons, Do you happen to remember any of the staff members's names in Cagney's? It has been over a year since I was on the Dawn, but I was hoping some of the Cagney's staff were still the same:) They were one of the nicest part of the suite perks.....

Hi - We booked a 2-bedroom suite on Deck 11. It's a cat SC. You mentioned reserved show seating for OS/DOS/GV guests. I thought all of the suite guests got that perk? Thanks!

My understanding is that on the Dawn it is only reserved for OS/DOS/GV - I have seen a picture of the sign on the chain that states that.....I don't know how strict they are with it...

tam

My understanding is that on the Dawn it is only reserved for OS/DOS/GV - I have seen a picture of the sign on the chain that states that.....I don't know how strict they are with it...

tam

Wow. I thought the suite perks were the same for all ships.

Archived