Celebrity Eclipse 6th October 2013 Canaries

G&PCruisers

We have not done Princess so cannot compare to it. Celebrity compares favourably to P& O and better and more relaxed than Cunard. Hope you enjoy it. Do you have any plans for excursions? We are probably going to try our trip, but may book one for Azores since never been there before. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On Day 6, make a private booking for Afternoon Tea at Reid's Hotel. Ask for a seat on the terrace and you will overlook their wonderful gardens and see the Eclipse in the distance (still berthed - hopefully).

Tea, will refills, is served by white gloved waiters on finest Wedgwood and the clotted cream for the scones is very thick.

The experience matches Afternoon Tea in Murano on Eclipse and is miles ahead of onboard QM2 (and I don't even drink tea)!

The organised excursion has tea inside the hotel and is not the same.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hi Cublet. Thanks for the hint. We will look into it. Any suggestions for the Azores? We have never been there. Cheers. Gary and Paul.

Hello,

Sadly not I'm afraid. None of my Canaries (and west Africa) cruises have been to the Azores. I hope you enjoy it and write a review.

As you can see from my 'signature' I'm booked for 2014 so maybe in 2015 I will do it. I seem do RCI and X on alternate years. I keep bugging RCI (and X) that their offerings are too much the same year after year so it might not even be on the itineraries then.

Best wishes,

Cublet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

My bf and I have just come off the silhouette and had a great time in e Greek isles. Met some really nice people and am looking forward to the canaries on the eclipse. The excitement is making up for having to come off today!

Hi Ade and GBJ. Good to here from yo. Only 6 weeks to go.:-) Would be great to meet up for a drink. The advertised LGBT meet on Eclipse is 7.45 in the Martini bar, but its usually packed. Perhaps we could suggest another venue.

We were o Eclipse in May and loved it.

You did not say what port this hotel is located at. Sounds interesting.

Hello,

On Day 6, make a private booking for Afternoon Tea at Reid's Hotel. Ask for a seat on the terrace and you will overlook their wonderful gardens and see the Eclipse in the distance (still berthed - hopefully).

Tea, will refills, is served by white gloved waiters on finest Wedgwood and the clotted cream for the scones is very thick.

The experience matches Afternoon Tea in Murano on Eclipse and is miles ahead of onboard QM2 (and I don't even drink tea)!

The organised excursion has tea inside the hotel and is not the same.

Best wishes,

Cublet

I have been to the Azores. It is known for a special port wine. I found it pleasant just to walk around. The streets have mosaic tiles like Rio and Lisbon. Good for free Wi-Fi at the coffee shops. I didn't take any tours preferring to just walking about the town.

Hello,

Sadly not I'm afraid. None of my Canaries (and west Africa) cruises have been to the Azores. I hope you enjoy it and write a review.

As you can see from my 'signature' I'm booked for 2014 so maybe in 2015 I will do it. I seem do RCI and X on alternate years. I keep bugging RCI (and X) that their offerings are too much the same year after year so it might not even be on the itineraries then.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Sounds like an interesting idea. Can you book the tea online by just going to the Reid Hotel website? Has anyone information about possible upgrades. I am on the Reflection after the Eclipse and lots of activity on the forum there about updates but seen nothing on the Eclipse forum.

You did not say what port this hotel is located at. Sounds interesting.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Can you book the tea online by just going to the Reid Hotel website? Has anyone information about possible upgrades. I am on the Reflection after the Eclipse and lots of activity on the forum there about updates but seen nothing on the Eclipse forum.

Hello,

http://www.reidspalace.com/web/omad/tea_terrace.jsp

Regards,

Cublet

Anyone have information about the enrichment lecturers. Celebrity always has some and usually art classes as well. These are two things I really enjoy. I am also on the Reflection and art classes have been so popular they are planning to have two art instructors on the Reflection TA. I recommend them highly.

Only 30 days to go. Anyone else getting excited?:-)

Hi all,

Made a late booking today for the Celebrity Eclipse early October sailing.

2 of us off to see the Canaries and Azores from Southampton.

Both live in London, one born here, the other in S America.

Would be great to meet some other like-minded chaps who can show us the ropes - it's our first time on a cruise ever. We're 27 and 34 years old, just fancied something different this year!

Simultaneously excited and scared...

Hi all,

Made a late booking today for the Celebrity Eclipse early October sailing.

2 of us off to see the Canaries and Azores from Southampton.

Both live in London, one born here, the other in S America.

Would be great to meet some other like-minded chaps who can show us the ropes - it's our first time on a cruise ever. We're 27 and 34 years old, just fancied something different this year!

Simultaneously excited and scared...

Hi guys

This will be our fifth trip with celebrity and ill be honest the first time we sailed on the summit was really nervous that would not fit in or enjoy it. We loved it and every time since.

One think I've learnt is not to be too reserved and say hi to people early in the cruise. We have made some great friends from our trips, and every time it just get better and always become quite emotional when getting off after all those new experiences and friends you make.

See you on the ship.

Is anyone staying in Southampton the night before?

Hi loncouple and ade99. This is our 5th cruise and 2nd in the Eclipse having been on it in May this year. Shall we plan to meet for a drink on the first evening? They usually advertise a lgbt meet in the martini bar, but it gets really busy per dinner. Any ideas Ade? Gary and Paul (mid 40,s).

Archived