Glory review - July 9th sailing (Cabin 9200)

Lisa&Neb

Embarkation: this was the easiest embarkation I have ever done. We arrived at the CellPhone lot at 10:30, paid the $60 and parked the van. We all got on the shuttle bus that left around 10:45 and were in the terminal right away. We gave the porter our luggage and went up the escalator. There were 2 couples in line in front of us waiting to check in. We quickly went to the counter, got our room keys, and walked on board. As soon as we stepped foot onboard our picture was taken (for security, not one of the "friendly photographers".

The cabins were not ready at this point, actually on our deck (Lido, deck 9) they had large doors closed with a sign that said the rooms were still being made up and that we could access them at 12:30. Well... since it was only 11 we thought might as well get a burger from Guys. Our son doesn't like burgers so he just had the fries. The rest of us had a burger. We first found a table that the 4 of us could sit together and keep our carry on luggage close by. It was around 11:30 that we finally had food in front of us. The burger was pretty good, but I thought they put too much lettuce on it for my personal taste. After finishing our food and walking around for a bit we looked at the time and it was about 12:40, so we thought, let's go check out our room. We walked back to the door and the sign was still up - boo. We stood at the stairwell for a good 10 minutes, then a young man (another cruiser) said 'just open the door, most rooms are done", so we did just that. We opened the door and walked down to our cabin.

We did eat at Guy's burgers (found out the hard way that the cheese/cheese sauce didn't sit well with me at all), a couple days. Ate at Punchliners both sea days and the food was decent but the staff sucked (bad!). As far as our dining experience at night, we had Anytime Dining and well.... we too were forgot about (or some of our food was) a couple times. I would think that if a waiter saw a child (our 4 year old) falling asleep at the table, he would speed up our desserts a little, but nope - I'm not sure how long we waited but eventually walked out. Every night for dinner we ordered a lemonade or milk for our kids, but only saw lemonade twice for our son, and milk (in a really small glass) once for our daughter. I was disappointed in the menu selection as well. One of the chicken dinners I ordered I didn't expect it to be covered in penne and a plethora of other stuff that wasn't listed on the menu. I remember it saying sweet potatoes and chicken, but didn't like/want the tomato sauce or other stuff that was in the bowl (and neither did the woman seated next to us).

Archived