Alaskan Cocktail Experience

whynotnow50

I noticed in one of the Patters that someone was nice enough to post that there is an Alaskan Cocktail Experience. Could you describe what that is? It sounds interesting.:)

It's a drink. The Patter often advertises interesting drinks and calls them an experience. You still pay for it.

The Alaska is an old cocktail which features the use of gin mixed with Chartreuse. Sources vary of which color of Chartreuse to use, but generally the drink is made with yellow Chartreuse.

Since we're on the subject, if you absolutely had to ONLY drink one cocktail or beer forever, what would you choose? I'd like to try a couple unusual items on the ship and would like some ideas.

At this point in my life I drink only sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. No hard alcohol. Beer: Yuengling, Shiner Bock or Becks. You can find Becks on board, but not the other two.

Since we're on the subject, if you absolutely had to ONLY drink one cocktail or beer forever, what would you choose? I'd like to try a couple unusual items on the ship and would like some ideas.

Booze: Straight Bourbon or Single Malt Scotch

Beer: Sierra Nevada Porter

If I drink (not often and usually on a cruise), I like something sweet. Princess serves a drink called a "Dirty Banana" that I love. It is blended and tastes like a chocolate milkshake with a banana in it. Yes, it does have alcohol in it but it doesn't taste like it. Yum!

Archived