Drink of the Day and Cheers Program?

myeos

We are considering the Cheers program for our upcoming Carnival Legend Cruise 11/03/13. I am a avid drink of the day/girly frou frou drink fan!! Been about 5 years :( since our last cruise and cannot recall the pricing for DOD. Would these or the refills fall under Cheers?

Anyone have opinions on Cheers? We are not heavy drinkers normally, but it is our anniversary and we are travelling with some of our favorite party people, so expect the tab to be larger than usually.....please discuss...lol!!:D

We did cheers in march. Good for sailing days but not if you have long port days. Probably wouldn't do it again.

Okay, now you have me reconsidering cheers on my upcoming 4 day cruise to Key West & Cozumel? :rolleyes:

Okay, now you have me reconsidering cheers on my upcoming 4 day cruise to Key West & Cozumel? :rolleyes:

I don't mean to go off topic, but I am was thinking the same thing wmowan. I'm taking the same cruise and had planned on getting Cheers!, but with only one sea day and two long port days I am reconsidering.

Like everyone has said DOD is included, as are other drinks under $10. I think an advantage to Cheers! is that you can try drinks that you would not normally try and not feel bad about not finishing it; if you didn't like it.

We purchased the cheers package on the Liberty in March and it was wonderful. I had a hard time convincing my DW at first but she was happy we got it. You will try drinks that you wouldn't if you had to pay for each individually, we also got Bloody Mary's, Mimosa's, and Bellini's with breakfast every day. Another advantage is on your port days we went out and just purchased a few drinks knowing we could have as many as we liked upon returning to the ship so it kept those off the ship bills lower and I just like having the peace of mind that I already know what my drinking bill was going to be from the start and wouldn't be in for a surprise at the end. There is nothing worse than being on vacation and checking your pockets to see if you have enough money to do things. If you can afford the cheers package I'd say go for it and just enjoy it.

thanks for the info. Our Cruise is heavy on ports- 7 days/4 ports so I was considering that we would not be on board to drink as much those days. However the idea of having a Mimosa or Bellini with breakfast sounds very tasty! and I know the DH would have a bloody mary or two! ;)

Only 108 more days to decide! :D

Archived