Crown R746 pics?

angie2003

I have just booked this balcony cabin. I have been searching for pictures of this cabin for days. It seems like this cabin is a new cabin that didnt exist before if you look at older deck plans?? I have read all the comments about the doors for the aft pool, and have seen some reference to the steel on the balcony, however I would GREATLY appreciate it if anyone could provide pics of the room and balcony as I am a little concerned if I made the right choice!

Thank you so much

I have just booked this balcony cabin. I have been searching for pictures of this cabin for days. It seems like this cabin is a new cabin that didnt exist before if you look at older deck plans?? I have read all the comments about the doors for the aft pool, and have seen some reference to the steel on the balcony, however I would GREATLY appreciate it if anyone could provide pics of the room and balcony as I am a little concerned if I made the right choice!

Thank you so much

We have booked this cabin for September 9th 2013 cruise around the Med.

We were told by the Future Cruise Sales that this cabin had a extended 'L' shape balcony to it and that it was a good cabin to have. We could post or send you photos after our cruise if you like. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Angie, we have just returned off the Crown and as promised here is our view of Cabin R746, unfortunately the photo did not come out very well so not worth posting.

For -

• The cabin is similar to all others in the category.
  • The balcony is larger, it is at an angle looking straight down the ship with 3 steel walls.
  • It is in a good position for the Rear Adult pool and Horizon Court.
  • Cabin Steward Alfred was very good.

Against -

• The balcony although having a good view down the ship was very dark especially in the morning, we also like to keep the curtains open so you can look out to sea, you were unable to do this.
  • The door right outside the cabin that gives you entrance to the deck, slams shut as fellow passengers/crew, enter/exit the deck, also the wind would blow it open and shut. The first night this went on to 1.30 in the morning, it then started before 6am. We mentioned this to the Alfred (steward), that evening a rag had been put on the door to stop this.
  • You also get a lot of noise above starting early in morning from both the Horizon Court (furniture moving), also the deck hands putting the sun beds out.

I just like to point out that this is our view of the cabin and that it did not spoil our holiday at all.

Regards Magandy

Hi Angie, we have just returned off the Crown and as promised here is our view of Cabin R746, unfortunately the photo did not come out very well so not worth posting.

For -

• The cabin is similar to all others in the category.
  • The balcony is larger, it is at an angle looking straight down the ship with 3 steel walls.
  • It is in a good position for the Rear Adult pool and Horizon Court.
  • Cabin Steward Alfred was very good.

Against -

• The balcony although having a good view down the ship was very dark especially in the morning, we also like to keep the curtains open so you can look out to sea, you were unable to do this.
  • The door right outside the cabin that gives you entrance to the deck, slams shut as fellow passengers/crew, enter/exit the deck, also the wind would blow it open and shut. The first night this went on to 1.30 in the morning, it then started before 6am. We mentioned this to the Alfred (steward), that evening a rag had been put on the door to stop this.
  • You also get a lot of noise above starting early in morning from both the Horizon Court (furniture moving), also the deck hands putting the sun beds out.

I just like to point out that this is our view of the cabin and that it did not spoil our holiday at all.

Regards Magandy

Thank you for the ups and downs. This too will be our home for a week this winter. I got it for the bigger balcony. And yes, I was wondering about the door so close to the outdoor pool.

Another concern, and maybe you can answer, did you smell a lot of smoke from those smoking outside? That is my main worry!

Maybe come winter, we will all be an older crowd and there will not be the slamming of the door as much! (We were on the Aloha deck on one of our cruises and it sounded like grand piano races every night as they moved deck furniture around and scrubbed the floors!)

Thank you for the ups and downs. This too will be our home for a week this winter. I got it for the bigger balcony. And yes, I was wondering about the door so close to the outdoor pool.

Another concern, and maybe you can answer, did you smell a lot of smoke from those smoking outside? That is my main worry!

Maybe come winter, we will all be an older crowd and there will not be the slamming of the door as much! (We were on the Aloha deck on one of our cruises and it sounded like grand piano races every night as they moved deck furniture around and scrubbed the floors!)

No we did not smell any smoke in the corridor, cabin or balcony, only when you walked through the door to get on deck.

Archived