Complainers

I never find the time to complain on a cruise because it is 'couple time' with my husband and we are together getting into some sort of mischief. To have time away from the computer, the phone, work, and our farm is always relaxing and sometimes even magical.

I'll admit we do get a chuckle when we overhear people complaining about petty things, but we ignore it and go on with the day. Most of the people we meet are interesting, knowledgable about the ship, upcoming ports and don't have anything negative to report.

Our daughters cruised with us until last year and they were always required to be at dinner, that was the only rule we required they honor after they turned 15.

Jill

The word "complain" just sound negative but their are times when making your feelings known about unacceptable service are appropriate. In fact, I would imagine that any service-oriented business wants input from their customers. Some people live to complain and will do so about basically anything, but one shouldn't be afraid to bring up legitimate unsatisfactory service for fear of looking like a complainer.

Exactly. That is why RCC gives you the comment card at the end of your cruise to fill out. I always fill mine out. I write both positive and negative experiences. Whether they pay attention to anything I say is not the issue. Just for the record, I also laugh when I hear people nit picking about minor things. My previous point was sometimes things happen which you can't over look. Then it's time to speak up. In a nice way of course. :D

We always enjoy ourselves on a cruise. It all boils down to attitude - a positive one. For me, a vacation is all about a change from my normal routine. Go with an open mind and be willing to meet new people and see new places - some may be very different from your world. That's what travelling is all about, learning. It's a big wide world out there just waiting to be explored. While I don't go looking for problems or something to complain about, if I happen to see something I'll make a mental note of it. When it comes time to plan a future vacation, it may have an impact on where I spend my vacation dollars.

Now will someone please point me to the Lido Deck? :D

Beth

I really don't care if others complain or not, as long as I don't have to hear it. But I will say that what may be a petty complaint to me may be a major complaint to others. So I guess what I am saying is to each their own, if others want to complain fine, just keep it down, no hollering, ranting and raving please as there are other passengers on the cruise that simply want to have a relaxing time. Just feed me, clean my cabin, and bring me drinks when I am poolside and I am a happy camper. I do not even need entertainment, I just want to relax quietly!

I also feel that even if you have a vald complaint, that there is no reason to holler or rant and rave like a lunatic to get your point across. That probably just annoys the person you are complaining to and your complaint might end up in the deep freeze.

Annieeee

I'm with the non complainers. Once I step of the gang and one foot on the ship it's "CRUISE MODE". Don't care about nothing but cold beer and drinks, and when am I going to eat next! I have mentioned a few things in the past and people have said " Why didn't you complain, I would have" Not...... That will take 5 minutes off of my relaxing time. Cabin too small?? Read the sq. feet before you buy. It's a ship for gods sake! They have to get a lot of people on a voage to pay for it. That's why dollar for dollar, there is no other vacation like it in the world. C'mon... Why complain about anything (maybe something bad, like hair in your food or something) though I never have. Where can you go to:

Drink what and when you want

Eat what and when you want

Watch more sunsets in a week then you do all year

Spend quality family time and not lift a finger

Have someone smile at you when they are having the worst day at work.

Click your fingers, wave a hand and they come running

Spending time talking to people from around the world in one place

Listen to your kids say thank you all day long

Sit on a balcony watching the waves go by

Marvel at the finest decor and architecture amazingly built on a ship

Go ahead, feel free to add, the list goes on and on.

It just out weighs any reason to complain about the silliest things!

Enjoy your vacation, the best vacations ever!

Some people do have a rough time of it. Sometimes it is their fault and sometimes not. Certainly if there is a problem I would like to hear about it on these boards, rather than be blindsided.

I once had a very drunk woman pour her fruity drink down my formal dress. I certainly mentioned it when I told people about my cruise. It was part of the experience. It did not ruin my cruise but it was a part.

We enjoy everything about a cruise and think life is to short to complain. I guess we are and have been lucky to never have received service that was becoming of a complaint having cruised over 15 times. Sure we came back to our cabin a few times after breakfast and maybe even lunch to find the room was not made, but I do recall it was us that left it in the shape we did, so if we can't accept it that way for a while longer, we must truly be slobs.

I enjoy the fact that on a cruise you can remove yourself from the worries, the hassles, the stress of the job and to worry about things that could give rise to a complaint to not even merit consideration.

Well.I have been on 3 cruises that I could definitly complain about...But they all started with C and ends with an L So I wont go into that.

Never had enough on RCI to even bat an eyelash over...

I read a review yesterday on a board which shall remain nameless...

This person was in a PH suite..Or a Garden Villa one (ok.I guess that gave it away) ...But OMG what could really go wrong in one of these suites...All their complaints were completly a waste of stress IMO....

I think it is good to share experiences good and bad...And you can definitly see a trend in certain areas on certain ships...But to bash an entire cruise because (our room steward did not tell us to hang our room service form on the door) is just really not a valid complaint.

I once had a very drunk woman pour her fruity drink down my formal dress. I certainly mentioned it when I told people about my cruise. It was part of the experience. It did not ruin my cruise but it was a part.

Hopefully not on purpose.

Last time my Wife and I ( I refuse to use DW or other goofy abbreviations ) :)

were on Voyager we were at a table of 8. There was a couple at our table who complained about every aspect of their meal to the waiter (who was very good). The next day they started on the waiter again for no reason, just to complain. I told them that either they were going to stop their ranting or we were going to change tables. Right after that, the other 2 couples said the same thing. We decided that it was best if they left our table. They got up right in the middle of the meal and the head waiter moved them to a two top on the other side of the dining room.

I hate complainers and I will not put up with it on my vacation, and I have found that others agree with me.

I think those of us who have a legitimate complaint, (like rare steak 7 nights in a row when you ordered well done) or (a toilet being clogged for 6 hours) owe it to the shipping line and those who come after us, to tell someone there is a problem. Complaining about the size of the room SHOULD be a non-issue, just read the room description before booking. Constant complaining would ruin it for me, but if the company doesn’t know it has a GENUINE problem with one of their employee’s ect….. how can it be corrected?

Does anyone else out there just goes on their cruise to relax and not worry about much of anything?

It seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who just look for reasons to complain about the smallest things such as their steak being cooked medium instead of medium well..

I am looking forward to my cruise on sunday and I certainly hope there isn't a fair share of people who look to complain the entire time. Is there anyone else out there who feels the way I do?

Finally someone that has a POSITIVE outlook in life. I get so angry reading this site, that is probably why I don't spend much time reading it anymore. Life is too short to always look for the "negatives". If people would look for the "positives" in life, it would make life so much better.

For those of you that always look for the "negative" - take a deep breath and think of all the good things especially while on vacation.

Thank you Strawberryblondi! You are the bomb.

Can you imagine if all this board was, was happy rose colored glasses comments from people? I think I'd throw up. I want to hear it all. The good, bad and ugly. The name of the web site is cruise critic. Let's all get our Webster dictionaries out now and look up the definition of critic.

Complaints are fine on this board, just not on the ship. I believe that is what we are talking about if you look up the defination of reading.

I'll make you a deal. You learn how to spell and I will look up the DEFINATION of reading.

Finally someone that has a POSITIVE outlook in life. I get so angry reading this site, that is probably why I don't spend much time reading it anymore. Life is too short to always look for the "negatives". If people would look for the "positives" in life, it would make life so much better.

For those of you that always look for the "negative" - take a deep breath and think of all the good things especially while on vacation.

Thank you Strawberryblondi! You are the bomb.

Just for the record, my previous comment was in reference to this poster who was specifically talking about the tone of negativity on this web site and NOT on the ship.

I'll make you a deal. You learn how to spell and I will look up the DEFINATION of reading.

ROFL that was a good one..

That sounds fair enough. That makes total sense then on your earlier post, and I agree totally. (is the spelling right) :)

Just for the record, my previous comment was in reference to this poster who was specifically talking about the tone of negativity on this web site and NOT on the ship.

Kewlguy - Since you are so cool as your screen name states, You should probably read my post and take note that I was not talking to the "Cool Guy".

Last time my Wife and I ( I refuse to use DW or other goofy abbreviations ) :)

were on Voyager we were at a table of 8. There was a couple at our table who complained about every aspect of their meal to the waiter (who was very good). The next day they started on the waiter again for no reason, just to complain. I told them that either they were going to stop their ranting or we were going to change tables. Right after that, the other 2 couples said the same thing. We decided that it was best if they left our table. They got up right in the middle of the meal and the head waiter moved them to a two top on the other side of the dining room.

I hate complainers and I will not put up with it on my vacation, and I have found that others agree with me.

We had that problem on one cruise. But the problem was that one of our friends had invited them so we did not uninvite them, but ate at other venues once in awhile to be away from them. It got to teh point that if we saw ( mainly Her, he was a saint) coming, we hid. How sad is that!:eek:

ROFL that was a good one..

That sounds fair enough. That makes total sense then on your earlier post, and I agree totally. (is the spelling right) :)

Please lets keep these posts civil. We can disagree without being disagreeable. Thank you. :D

Archived