Complainers

With speaking with a few Diamond members who go on 2 or 3 cruises a year, it seems like the thrill of just having someone else serve you for a week is gone. For me since I don't cruise a whole lot , just being on vacation having a person make my bed and serve me at dinner time is so wonderful. And the people who cruise multiple times a year are looking at finger prints and a carpet that is slightly worn. If I ever get to that point then its time to pick a different form of vacation.

I appreciate seeing some of these old posts; and this is an interesting topic to me. Thanks, Kewlguy!

I completely agree that there is a difference between respectfully bringing something to the attention of the crew/supervisors, etc. and going off unnecessarily about something truly minor. I believe that the cruiseline appreciates hearing when something is substandard, because at least they are given an opportunity to make it right. But we've all seen those people who seem to go out of their way to be obnoxious.

Personally, I try to model good behavior and hope it catches on.

Can you imagine if all this board was, was happy rose colored glasses comments from people? I think I'd throw up. I want to hear it all. The good, bad and ugly. The name of the web site is cruise critic. Let's all get our Webster dictionaries out now and look up the definition of critic.

I can think of a few other cruise message boards where nothing negative is ever mentioned. Make sure you put on your rose coloured glasses before entering. Everything is good and positive all the time. It's really nauseating. I feel the need for a shot of insulin after reading some of it. That's why I rarely go there now. Life as with cruising, is the good with the not so good and I want to hear both. How can you make an informed decision otherwise? :confused:

Beth

I didn't read the whole 4 pages of this thread. Nor am I going to. I just want to share the point of view I gave an old friend I haven't seen in over 10 years. We were talking last week and he has never been on a cruise. He simply asked me how the food is on a ship. I told him that I thought it was wonderful. As, I myself have never had a 4 or 5 course meal in my entire 38 years of age:eek: . I told him others, as I have read here, think that it some times is undesirable. I then told him if those people lived in Ethiopia or some place like that, they would think it was fit for a king. I have always enjoyed every food venue I have ever had on a ship. As the OP said, I go to relax and enjoy myself to the fullest. Bon Voyage;)

Read my post again, I never said you "couldn't" comment on it, I just asked "why" you dredge them up. It seems like you just want to stir up stuff on the board since you pick the most controversial threads. Are you starving for attention?

Leave it to a bird brain who has been a member of the web site for three weeks to make an asinine comment.

I appreciate seeing some of these old posts; and this is an interesting topic to me. Thanks, Kewlguy!

I completely agree that there is a difference between respectfully bringing something to the attention of the crew/supervisors, etc. and going off unnecessarily about something truly minor. I believe that the cruiseline appreciates hearing when something is substandard, because at least they are given an opportunity to make it right. But we've all seen those people who seem to go out of their way to be obnoxious.

Personally, I try to model good behavior and hope it catches on.

Thank you. :D

I can think of a few other cruise message boards where nothing negative is ever mentioned. Make sure you put on your rose coloured glasses before entering. Everything is good and positive all the time. It's really nauseating. I feel the need for a shot of insulin after reading some of it. That's why I rarely go there now. Life as with cruising, is the good with the not so good and I want to hear both. How can you make an informed decision otherwise? :confused:

Beth

The overwhelming majority of people are intelligent enough to weed out the legitimate gripes from the nitpicking. I personally enjoy reading both positive and negative posts as it helps me make an informed decision.

They only time I have complained on board a ship is last year on the destiny..when we got to our room the carpet was bubbled up like there had been a leak there..when we touched it to find out it was soaked ... after about 5 minutes in the room we also noticed a horrible smell from the drain in the bathroom and the AC would not shut off lol. We said something to the front desk and were in a new room by that night!

But the way I see it I am on vacation and there to have a great time. I don't let the little things bother me. I just want to relax and have a good time with my friends that I cruise with! :D

They only time I have complained on board a ship is last year on the destiny..when we got to our room the carpet was bubbled up like there had been a leak there... after about 5 minutes in the room we also noticed a horrible smell from the drain in the bathroom and the AC would not shut off lol. We said something to the front desk and were in a new room by that night!

But the way I see it I am on vacation and there to have a great time. I don't let the little things bother me. I just want to relax and have a good time with my friend that I cruise with! :D

George, what do you expect from Carnival? lol. I gave up sailing with them last April for good. I'm surprised they gave you a new stateroom.

Kewlguy - The worst part of it was that I was on the Destiny which I was on when she was brand new many years ago. To see the condition she was in last november was sad.

But like you I have now given up on Carnival and will never go back. I am a huge RCI fan and will be back sailing with them next year!

Kewlguy - The worst part of it was that I was on the Destiny which I was on when she was brand new many years ago. To see the condition she was in last november was sad.

But like you I have now given up on Carnival and will never go back. I am a huge RCI fan and will be back sailing with them next year!

You know the funny thing? Back in 2000 we had no complaints with Carnival. But after our Legend sailing last year we said never again. Amazing how far they have sunk.

Leave it to a bird brain who has been a member of the web site for three weeks to make an asinine comment.

She says she doesn't like these dredged up but she sure has a lot of comments on them,Especially the one about the babies you "dredged up yesterday

I'd say the atmosphere on the Legend was somewhere between "Animal House" and a "Girls Gone Wild" video. The dining room service was probably about a notch above lunch at Mickey D's. The hallways were filled with pot smoke. Formal night attire consisted of jeans and tee-shirts. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but you get the idea.

Oh come on, kewlguy! You, yourself, posted on another thread that you dredged up that you "just couldn't help" yourself and were basically bored.

Nothing wrong with that at all, but you could at least admit that the past 2 days you've been dragging in old threads that were controversial, to say the least.

beachchick

When I go on a cruise I specifically look for things to complain about. If I don't, how am I going to justify asking for a free cruise.

Look at that cigarette burn on the sink... I demand a free cruise.

My steak is overcooked... I demand a free cruise.

There is a sequin missing from one of the dancers costumes. I demand a free cruise.

My caesar salad only has three croutons... I demand a free cruise.

There's a horrible looking man by the pool in Speedo's... I demand a free cruise.

The toilet paper is too rough and it hurts my butt... I demand a free cruise....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you haven't done so yet read the post titled

"Review of Explorer from a 9 year old".

Some of the career complainers need to look at a cruise through a childs eye. They even road out hurricane Rita and still NO complaints. Maybe we all need to find our inner child for a day or two and just enjoy life.

If you haven't done so yet read the post titled

"Review of Explorer from a 9 year old".

Some of the career complainers need to look at a cruise through a childs eye. They even road out hurricane Rita and still NO complaints. Maybe we all need to find our inner child for a day or two and just enjoy life.

With all do respect, the last thing I need is advice from a child. I was raised being told "children are to be seen and not heard" and looking back now it was sound advice.

Archived