Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

I have a Twitter account that I basically never use, perhaps I'll tweet at them over lunch.

Really the only thing I've ever used Twitter for was yelling at the Washington, D.C. public transportation authority (WMATA) on a daily basis back when I lived in DC for their crappy serivce LOL. They did respond occasionally.

Point is, email is private, social media is public. If you email & they ignore you you're the only person who knows it (sharing it here IS a form of social media.) Every unanswered Twitter or Facebook post is seen by THOUSANDS, or more. They'll pay more attention to outcries via social media - they can't afford not to.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Tweeted the RCL PR Dept a week ago no answer. FB message to Vicki Freed and received a canned Response which was posted on this thread.

I think we are dealing with some sort of marketing strategy where details are deliberately being released in a slow time frame.

Wonder if anyone in RCCL is reading, looking, or even care about what we are saying and our extreme disappointment at lack of information being given out. If they would only just give a short response to let us know that they are aware of our concerns and are working on things would at least give us all something to hold on to. OR even perhaps a temporary time frame as to when we might expect the next reveal or info. about bookings. But to ignore the public and your printed material I think is a very wrong practice. Just my opinion.

Edited by divaofdisney

I just put up a tweet to #RoyalCaribbean and #QuantumoftheSeas.

Says 'See how many are frustrated with the lack of Quantum info. Let RCI know how you feel (link to Countdown to Quantum of the Seas forum).

Let's see if anyone from Royal is listening to what everyone here is feeling.

:confused:

Says 'See how many are frustrated with the lack of Quantum info. Let RCI know how you feel (link to Countdown to Quantum of the Seas forum).

I'm going to re-tweet you as soon as I can remember my pesky Twitter password... grr

I'm going to re-tweet you as soon as I can remember my pesky Twitter password... grr

Welp, I successfully retweeted Overtyme but thoroughly botched both of my own tweet attempts, you can see how often I use Twitter LOL :o

First I accidentally used an unofficial Royal Caribbean handle (but got the PR one correct). Then, went to send a second tweet with the correct RC handle and accidentally put it as a reply to the first. Lol what a train wreck. I tried.

Edited by Dave85

Just a quick twitter lesson. To "tweet" somebody, use the @ symbol. If you used @RoyalCaribbean and @RoyalCaribPR, it will show up on their twitter account. # is just a search aid to find tweets on subjects such as #Quantumoftheseas

For example...this morning I tweeted them with "@RoyalCaribPR @RoyalCaribbean 272 days until Quantum Inaugural and still nothing released about dining, venues, or deck plans. #Frustrated"

Anywho....I retweeted you, regardless.

Edited by hitaway4

Just a quick twitter lesson. To "tweet" somebody, use the @ symbol. If you used @RoyalCaribbean and @RoyalCaribPR, it will show up on their twitter account. # is just a search aid to find tweets on subjects such as #Quantumoftheseas

I retweeted you, regardless.

Alright, so I got one thing right... LOL

Wonder if anyone in RCCL is reading, looking, or even care about what we are saying and our extreme disappointment at lack of information being given out. If they would only just give a short response to let us know that they are aware of our concerns and are working on things would at least give us all something to hold on to. OR even perhaps a temporary time frame as to when we might expect the next reveal or info. about bookings. But to ignore the public and your printed material I think is a very wrong practice. Just my opinion.
My opinion is - I think they do care and are not ignoring the public. I believe they are dealing with port issues they did not see occurring when they decided to port QOS at Cape Liberty. They know they can't announce 8-night intins with just 2stops like they have now and are feverously working on making the best itineraries they possibly can, given what they currently have to work with. They'll announce something soon for 2015 and if it turns out the ship doesn't sell well, they will move the ship elsewhere. Once they come up with their plan, they'll announce it, there's no reason at this point to say anything until they know what they're going to do.

Don't you think that when they decided to build the Quantum and port the ship at Cape Liberty, they had people working on what ports it would call at from Cape Liberty. If they didn't, someone should be fired. I work for a large corporation that deals with a myriad of issues at the same time. They should have locked down the ports last year.

My opinion is - I think they do care and are not ignoring the public. I believe they are dealing with port issues they did not see occurring when they decided to port QOS at Cape Liberty. They know they can't announce 8-night intins with just 2stops like they have now and are feverously working on making the best itineraries they possibly can, given what they currently have to work with. They'll announce something soon for 2015 and if it turns out the ship doesn't sell well, they will move the ship elsewhere. Once they come up with their plan, they'll announce it, there's no reason at this point to say anything until they know what they're going to do.

Still no response from my fb post but I am not surprised by that. And still nothing on website as of this morning. Rats!! Oh well. Looks like another week has gone by without any movement or explanation. :mad:

It's not happening on the weekend. Finance at RCL is closed. Anthem is opening next and no deck plans available. As I stated before, this is a cabin reclassification issue, not a port issue.

The Bermuda widening project is moving FWD. The QOS is already scheduled and cleared

For the Eastern & Southern Caribbean ports in 2014 & 2015.

For the past 10yrs, The EXOS open booking (for the Summer/Fall) always occurred in March/April. The Open booking period always mirrored the Summit Bermuda season which is opening April 3 of this year.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/tabLanding.do?pagename=footer_pages_about_celebrity#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/aboutceleb/pressRoomDetails.do%3Fevent_date=2014-02-20&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=

Edited by FIRELT5

For the past 10yrs, The EXOS open booking (for the Summer/Fall) always occurred in March/April. The Open booking period always mirrored the Summit Bermuda season which is opening April 3 of this year.

Is it just my imagination or did RCI push all of its deployment dates earlier this year? I seem to recall March / April for most deployments in past years.

I don't really remember what happened last year because I wasn't following it closely, but I remember two years ago when I was waiting for Celebrity to open Eastern Med cruises to book my Honeymoon it came in early April.

Is it just my imagination or did RCI push all of its deployment dates earlier this year? I seem to recall March / April for most deployments in past years.

I don't really remember what happened last year because I wasn't following it closely, but I remember two years ago when I was waiting for Celebrity to open Eastern Med cruises to book my Honeymoon it came in early April.

Dave, you are correct !!! NCL stated at the beginning of the year. That was followed by the Carnival Group, ie, Holland America, Cunard etc.

I just find it hard to believe that the Anthem will open on Tuesday with no deck plans available to the public ??? At least we had some deck plans available for the QOS opening.

I just find it hard to believe that the Anthem will open on Tuesday with no deck plans available to the public ??? At least we had some deck plans available for the QOS opening.

I agree -- I actually find the whole thing fascinating and am so curious to see how RCI handles it. I was half expecting to see a token deck plan for Anthem (basically a reprint of the Quantum deck plan that says "Anthem") appear on the website yesterday, but it didn't happen.

I agree -- I actually find the whole thing fascinating and am so curious to see how RCI handles it. I was half expecting to see a token deck plan for Anthem (basically a reprint of the Quantum deck plan that says "Anthem") appear on the website yesterday, but it didn't happen.

And RCL C&A also is clueless. I rather deals with NCL !!!!

I'm seriously considering canceling the ING on the QOS and sailing on the 9nt Gem to the eastern Caribbean. I also find it hard to believe that RCL will be bring a 1.2 billion $$ vessel into a rat hole like Nassau !!! A 9nt suite on the Gem is $1500 cheaper than a D1 on the QOS ING.

And RCL C&A also is clueless. I rather deals with NCL !!!!

I'm seriously considering canceling the ING on the QOS and sailing on the 9nt Gem to the eastern Caribbean. I also find it hard to believe that RCL will be bring a 1.2 billion $$ vessel into a rat hole like Nassau !!! A 9nt suite on the Gem is $1500 cheaper than a D1 on the QOS ING.

Yikes! Lol if you are willing to downgrad to a standard balcony you could practically take your Gem cruise and still have enough left over to pay for 80% of another off-week Quantum cruise!

Yikes! Lol if you are willing to downgrad to a standard balcony you could practically take your Gem cruise and still have enough left over to pay for 80% of another off-week Quantum cruise!

We sailed on the Gem several times and it's a nice vessel. RCL D+ perks are a bit better than the Plat Perks on NCL. NCL has a decent product, I wish that the food was better :(

So, now that we know the date of the full reveal, anyone think they're trying to drag out the Summer '15 opening until that date?

While I think it's plausible, I don't think so because if they were they wouldn't need to be so cagey about the date. They could have had Quantum Summer '15 opening that week all along -- nobody would have known why or thought any more into it -- and they certainly wouldn't have dropped her Summer '15 entirely from the recent expanded release schedule!

So, now that we know the date of the full reveal, anyone think they're trying to drag out the Summer '15 opening until that date?

While I think it's plausible, I don't think so because if they were they wouldn't need to be so cagey about the date. They could have had Quantum Summer '15 opening that week all along -- nobody would have known why or thought any more into it -- and they certainly wouldn't have dropped her Summer '15 entirely from the recent expanded release schedule!

That's a tough question Dave. Only D+ for me, unfortunately no invite :(

They always had the opening (Summer/Fall) for the Explorer around this date. It also coincides with the opening date 4/3/14 of the Summit for the Summer Bermuda cruise season.

Hopefully, the opening will occur before this date !!

Edited by FIRELT5

That's a tough question Dave. Only D+ for me, unfortunately no invite :(

They always had the opening (Summer/Fall) for the Explorer around this date. It also coincides with the opening date 4/3/14 of the Summit for the Summer Bermuda cruise season.

Hopefully, the opening will occur before this date !!

I'm second guessing my earlier prediction a little bit. Now that the cat is out of the bag on the reveal date, it wouldn't be too surprising for them to reveal this week that the summer '15 opening coincides with the full reveal. It's actually quite logical from a marketing perspective... that could be why we couldn't get any info on the opening date up until today, they wanted to keep the full reveal date a state secret for some reason that's only known to them.

I guess we shall see! If we get to around midweek and it's still a state secret then I'll return to my initial opinion that the two dates are unrelated.