Visiting Rome

Sunday golf

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I, as well as several others on this thread, were recommending a private tour from RomeCabs. Nothing to do with Seabourn or Mickey. The OP was asking for suggestions for getting the most out of his short day in Rome. Imho, a private car tour, specifically with Stefano at RC, has proven time and again to always be a great deal for the money. Again, IMHO.:D

I also use RomeCabs for transport and shopping. Katie Parla for guiding.

johnnycruise,

What if the OP follows your line of thought, skimps on his visit to Rome and misses half or more of what he could see with a private guide? What if the OP never has the chance to get back to Rome? Will he get home and count out his few hundred saved dollars with glee or regret the sights and memories missed?

johnnycruise,

What if the OP follows your line of thought, skimps on his visit to Rome and misses half or more of what he could see with a private guide? What if the OP never has the chance to get back to Rome? Will he get home and count out his few hundred saved dollars with glee or regret the sights and memories missed?

I disagreed with the accuracy of the statement that a private tour (particularly in Rome) costs just a few $$ more than other arrangements, not with the merits of one touring option over the other. The OP should be aware of the significant price difference and then consider which option is the best use of his time and money.

Great memories in Rome are not dependent on the method of transport.:)

johnnycruise,

Will he get home and count out his few hundred saved dollars with glee or regret the sights and memories missed?

I don't think it is possible to miss sights and memories one has never seen or had.

We had a private tour with RomeinLimo. It was wonderful. It was our first time in Rome and we got to see so much. Next time we go, we'll know what to concentrate on, but for an introduction to Rome, you can't beat it.

Yes, it was expensive, but we shared with another lovely couple who we met on the ship. It was great to be chauffeured around and the drivers just stop anywhere! It is Italy after all! :)

"Affording it" is neither here nor there! It's all about personal choice :-)

We enjoy exploring on our own and also enjoy smaller private tours. My intention was to relate our experience ........ Which was NOT to save money, as other posters are implying, but to make the most of our time, at our own pace and in our own way!

As others have said, Rome is a fabulous city and I'm sure you'll take away many happy memories whichever option suits you best :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived