Can I make 11:00AM flight at LAX.

gdoyle

My travel agent booked us a 130 flight because she thought the 1230 was pushing it. As usual, we'll probably be there in time to catch an earlier flight, since we planned for later, but 11 is probably too early. You might be in luck if everything goes well with customs clearance and traffic and airport line-ups, but that's an awful lot of things you need to go your way.

I think you should allow more time. I live out here and am use to the LAX terminal and I always allow extra time for the long lines and security check lines , it can take forever, not to mention if there is an accident on the freway and you are in a traffic jam. To be safe you need more time.

Cori

If your ship arrives at the dock at 8, it has to clear US Customs and Immigration (and if any of the non-US citizens are late reporting to Immigration, that delays the entire ship), they have to offload thousands of pieces of luggage and Customs has to inspect those with the dogs, you have to wait until your name is called to leave the ship, you have to find your bags and wait in a long line to go through Customs, you have to find your transportation to the airport, fight LA traffic, stand in a line to check your bags, stand in another long line for security, and make your way to the gate. If you think you can do all this in three hours, then go for it. For me, I wouldn't book a flight out of LA earlier than 1pm.

Don't do it. It's always better to arrive at the airport earlier than expected and have a long wait for your flight.....as opposed to booking an early flight that you then miss. Freeway traffic.....and San Pedro is at least 25 min to LAX with no congestion.....only leads to headaches.

I was in LA last week, had 2.5 hours to dirve 35 miles to an airport, and missed my flight due to traffic accident. I know that is an anomaly.....but play it safe.

I have seen many passengers miss their flights and then have to deal with additional expenses (possibly even hotel rooms if no flights available rest of that day).

Maybe I play things too safely.....but I fly in a day or two early, and, if anyway possible, stay over a day or schedule a flight late on disembarkation day.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived