Creating a Bathtub

Christim2005

I am considering taking a cruise with my 2 year old. The only problem is he is terrified of showers. Any tips for creating a bathtub in the shower on the cruise ship. (FYI I am considering a cruise on the NCL out of New York).

I am considering taking a cruise with my 2 year old. The only problem is he is terrified of showers. Any tips for creating a bathtub in the shower on the cruise ship. (FYI I am considering a cruise on the NCL out of New York).

You can remove the shower head from the wall and use it as a handheld nozzle. When my 2 kids where toddlers they were also afraid of showers (they didn't want water going in their faces), but they were OK with sort of a sponge bath and then using the nozzle to wash off the soap.

You can remove the shower head from the wall and use it as a handheld nozzle. When my 2 kids where toddlers they were also afraid of showers (they didn't want water going in their faces), but they were OK with sort of a sponge bath and then using the nozzle to wash off the soap.

Ditto. Had I known this, we would have practiced at home. The other option is to pour water over the child standing in the shower with a small cup, lather than up, then rinse with the cup. I've resorted to this one too a few times when the shower pressure was very strong, but fortunately that hasn't been our experience on cruise ships.

If you get the duck (they also have a seal), try it out beforehand. I got one a few weeks ago for my 14 month old and she was terrified of it. I have left it out and she just the other day has gotten comfortable enough to get in it without water...going to try again with water this week...fingers crossed!

Definitely try the duck tub ahead of time. Our 14 month old was scared of it the first time, then after that, he had a grand time splashing around, both for bath time and playtime on the balcony. We even brought it to the pool deck and he enjoyed splashing in it enough, he forgot there was a larger pool that mommy and daddy would disappear in once in a while:D

We never have space in our luggage for the duck thing, but many cruise showers have a different shape from many in hotels or home. They have sort of a "lip" a few inches tall that you have to step over to get in.

We brought a rubber plug thing and filled the shower with a few inches of water and voila! A tub! My son likes it a lot, and we don't have to break our backs reaching over a tub to wash him.

Archived