Glory Grand Scenic View versus Balcony

I know that someone out there in cruise critic land will know this answer. We have a dilemma....LOL. We are currently booked in cabin 9200 on the Glory....but can upgrade to a Balcony and get a pretty good chunk of OBC. But our dilemma is....will the balcony be a smaller cabin? Does anyone know the square footage of the Grand Scenic Oceanview versus a regular Lido balcony cabin? Since we are two ladies and one guy....friends only....no dating going on. We need the space.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Angie

I'm not sure of the exact square footage but from looking at the deck plans 9200 is much larger than the standard balcony cabin. The question that comes into play is which would you rather have...the extra footage and no balcony :( or having a nice balcony with the sacrifice of the extra space. We stayed in 9197 in May.. scenic OV..the view was beautiful! But, I missed having the balcony.

We thought the same thing....it looked quite a bit bigger. Two of us have cruised several times and have stayed in Interiors, Oceanviews and Balconies....and neither of us demand a balcony. The other one of us has never cruised....he just keeps telling us it is up to us ladies to decide....LOL. But we are now thinking...we better stay put. That extra space might come in handy since the three of us have never traveled together before....LOL. Thanks for your reply though...I appreciate it.

I just got off the Glory, and had one of the scenic ocean views, room 9196, while one of my cousins had a balcony. My room had so much more room, and a good view. The balcony room was much smaller, plus the balcony was kind of small. My cousin said the next time they book a cruise, would be booking the type of room I had.

we have 9200 on the glory- Balconies are now cheaper so i went back and forth with changing.

We decided to stay

For the reasons being--- the room is a LOT larger and the view will be amazing.

Having never tried the room that was my main WANT.

Thank you all for your replies. Looks like we have made the correct decision by staying where we are at. I wasn't sure I wanted to change anyway....because I am super excited about the cabin. But then to realize or be told that it was THAT much bigger....we are staying. But man oh man...that OBC....would have been nice. LOL

The posted square footage of the Scenic Grand Ocean View is 320 sq. ft.

We are booked in 9201 on the Glory (the one that is meant for only 2 passengers but still is 320 sq. ft) and have been debating the same as you--switching to a balcony up on lido deck (which we have had before and love). We have decided to stay put and see how we like the 6K. There are so few of them, and they are so hard to come by. I did a search the other night and could only find 4 of these available on any ship all the way through spring 2015. Since they are currently only available on a few ships and we can always get a balcony next time, we are staying with the Scenic Grand Ocean View.

Hope you enjoy!

if I had one of the middle scenic view rooms i would be moving to a balcony in a nano second.

From experience.. I agree. I'm glad I stayed in the cabin..just so I can tell myself that I did..lol..loved the view..but, I like balconies way better!

From experience.. I agree. I'm glad I stayed in the cabin..just so I can tell myself that I did..lol..loved the view..but, I like balconies way better!

what about the corner one-- would you trade it out?

what about the corner one-- would you trade it out?

Unless it was the bowling alley balcony cabin, then I would..I love that one. I remember when we sailed the Pride, I had it one sailing then you had it the next sailing! It's my turn again.. I have it in Dec... lol

I think standard balconies are 230 sq ft, including the balcony. I was also in the 2 person 6k, 9201, just a few weeks ago, by myself, and it really set the standard for me. And, if I wanted the same great view sans glass, all I had to do was go up one deck, which is open up front. I think you'll be thrilled with your decision. Enjoy.

Archived