Best of Cayman by Amphibious Bus & Snorkeling

tlcs

My husband and I were thinking of going on this carnival sponsored tour. From reading the description and the reviews on it, they say you can end your tour by being dropped off at 7 mile beach. What nobody says though, is where on the beach. I'm guessing at a hotel/resort, but I can't find any info on it. If someone has done this, could you please give me some info on it? I would love to spend some time on the beach, but would also like to be able to rent chairs or be near a bar. Thanks for any info! :)

• 1 month later...
My husband and I were thinking of going on this carnival sponsored tour. From reading the description and the reviews on it, they say you can end your tour by being dropped off at 7 mile beach. What nobody says though, is where on the beach. I'm guessing at a hotel/resort, but I can't find any info on it. If someone has done this, could you please give me some info on it? I would love to spend some time on the beach, but would also like to be able to rent chairs or be near a bar. Thanks for any info! :)

I would also love info on this. It almost reads like you have to provide your own snorkel equipment. Thanks in advance for info!

Lol, I guess now I can answer my own question! We did this on our cruise and had a great time. The tour starts out on a very small city tour and then into the water to cheeseburger reef. If you've snorkeled before, stay at the back of the bus and get into the water ASAP. They do provide snorkel equipment, but the steps into the water can get congested with new snorkeler's and people putting on there snorkel gear. My husband and I were in the water a good 10-15 min before anyone else. Total snorkel time is about 30-40 min. After, you have the option of going back to the ship or to 7 mile beach. We wanted to go to the beach, so they drop you off at the Royal Palms resort. Entrance to the resort is included in your tour, make sure security sees your wrist band. He tried to charge everyone. We sat on the patio and had drinks and conch fritters and then went swimming/floating in the water. It was a very beautiful spot. When your ready to go back to the ship, go back to security, and there are many people eager to get you into a cab. We got back to the port with plenty of time to do a little shopping. Hope this helps!

Archived