halloween

macfin

anybody know if they do hallowen on the island? will be there on the 31st with my kids...

also looking for a snorkel tour that goes to a beach where you dont have to swim that far?

DD and I were on the Gem on Halloween two years ago. We were at sea on that day and the ship did decorations, special parade for the kids, special trivia, and some special food for the day. Don't know about actually being in Bermuda but the ship should give you some options onboard. I think the kids did Trick or Treating around the ship also.

anybody know if they do hallowen on the island? will be there on the 31st with my kids...

All holidays are listed on my Bermuda calendar. If it's one like Inderpendance Day, it is noted as a US holiday, or Canada Day as Canadian. Halloween is listed but there nothing to indicate it "belongs" to someone else so one would assume they celebrate Halloween. But then, you know what they say about assumptions.;)

also looking for a snorkel tour that goes to a beach where you dont have to swim that far?

Most snorkel tours go out on a boat in the open ocean and may not stop at a beach. There's always Tobacco Bay which you can do on your own and not have to swim far. You can take the ferry to St. George's then either walk the 10-15 minutes to TB or get a cab or mini van.

Yes, it's celebrated. Kids start going out at dusk. If you want to actually take them trick or treating (which I imagine would be expensive if you had a taxi) a few of the safer neighbourhoods would be the Point Shares area. It's closer to Hamilton but too far to walk.

Whale Bay is a community in Southampton and Sleepy Hollow in Hamilton parish. Both of these areas it is common for locals to drive to and let their kids go door-to-door.

I'd have to ask my friends if there are any areas close to the ship, i.e. Somerset, that might be viable if this was something you were actually interested in doing.

Archived