Adventure Ocean Question

Hey guys! I'll be on the Oasis on 8/3 with a bunch of family and friends. My son is turning 6 in October. So needless to say having him in a room with 3 year olds will not be that fun and exciting for him.

Is there a chance he can be moved up with the Explorers or will they make him stay with the Aquanauts because of his age?

Chances are he may be able to move up but there are factors to consider such as his ability to fit in with the older group (they may try him for a day) or how many kids are on board (kids/staff ratio).

Just speak to the AO staff on the first day.

You should consider the flip-side of the coin. Imagine if the parents of a 2-year-old talk their way into the Aquanauts because their son is only a couple of months away from turning 3.

The Oasis Adventure Ocean crew will not move him - I guarantee it. The first week of August is still the busy season.

I had the same reservations about my 8-year-old being in the Explorers (while his brother and stepbrother, both 9, where in the 9-11 room) and guess what.... I was wrong - he loved every minute of it! :)

You should consider the flip-side of the coin. Imagine if the parents of a 2-year-old talk their way into the Aquanauts because their son is only a couple of months away from turning 3.

The Oasis Adventure Ocean crew will not move him - I guarantee it. The first week of August is still the busy season.

I had the same reservations about my 8-year-old being in the Explorers (while his brother and stepbrother, both 9, where in the 9-11 room) and guess what.... I was wrong - he loved every minute of it! :)

I just know how my son is around younger kids. He starts copying what they are doing and usually is the one that get's in trouble since people see him as the older one so he should know better. All summer he's been in camp with kids that are actually from 5-8 so he does FAR better with older kids than he does with younger kids.

I'll definitely ask the AO staff on Day 1 and will see what they say.

I'll definitely ask the AO staff on Day 1 and will see what they say.

It never hurts to ask. You could get lucky. If there are an abundance of 3-5-year-olds in your cruise they might be hoping that some parents bring it up.

We were on the Allure this month. My daughter is 8 and will be 9 next month. She was bored with the 6-8 year olds. The staff let her try the 9-11 room and she loved it. She fit in without any problems and was allowed to stay. Definitely ask!

The Allure in July is probably just as crowded as the Oasis in August. With that being the case, I would like to apologize to the OP and retract my former statement of "I guarantee it". :o

Archived