First time booking private excursion

EMcCruiser

Hello all! This is my first post (now it's my second because I posted this in the wrong area), so I am sorry in advance if I do something wrong or if this is not the correct location for this question. I stumbled upon this site while reading ship reviews. I have booked a June 2014, 5 night Western Caribbean on RCI's Vision of the Seas. This is actually my 3rd cruise, but I have never booked an excursion independently and that is where I need help. My dh desperately wants to jet ski as we were able to do this on our honeymoon cruise in 2011 and it was one of his trip highlights. RCI does not seem to offer jet skiing as an excursion at our two stops, Grand Cayman and Key West (at least not that I have seen). So, I did some google searching and came upon this website:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c...WaveRunner.htm

I am very interested in the Stingray City Wave Runner tour and was wondering if anyone has ever used this company. I read on their website that they will refund us if for some reason the ship does not make this port, but that's basically it. Total tour time is only 2 hours and they have told me (through email) that they have 11am slots available, so time should not be an issue.

I'm looking for any and all advice on this matter, and whether or not this company is reputable. Thank you all in advance!

E. McC

We did this tour in April of this year ... It was a total blast! The jet skis were in perfect working condition and the guide allowed you to have fun with them ... The groups are very small like maybe 8-10 jet skis at a time and that adds to the fun.

We booked the transport with them and it was like $5 / person each way - paid in cash.

Feel free to ask questions as there are many folks on this board that have taken the same tour ...

we did the same tour and its amazing! We also looked at just renting wave runners but its $60-70 for only 30 minutes and you don't go to stingray city. This is so much cheaper as you get almost 2 hours on the wave runners

Thanks for the replies! I actually went ahead and booked this tour earlier this evening. We were able to get the earlier excursion time so we will have the afternoon to explore and visit Hell. Anything else a "must see" in Grand Cayman?

• 3 months later...

Check out Shoretrips dot com. They offer a waverunner Stingray tour. They contract with extremely reliable outfitters in the islands. We book many of our excursions through them and have never had a problem. Again if the ship doesn't make it into port, you get reunded your money, which is nice.