Pre Review for The Carnival Triumph

Greetings everyone. I will be sailing The Carnival Triumph this coming Mondsy, July 29. I enjoy all the comments here on Cruise Critics, and of course read with interest the reviews of the ships I sail on. I will be writing what I hope is a detailed review of the upcoming cruise. I notice on these threads that people have questions...did you notice this, did you do that, etc. With this in mind, I thought I would ask for input on anything special to look out for in hopes of addressing concerned parties interest on this ship and the five (5) day itinerary. Let me know and I will make a concerted effort to address anything.:)

I'm interested in how crowded Cozumel is with multiple ships in port. So if you notice you have more than 4 ships in port keep an eye on the crowds and report back.

Also very interested in the food quality in MDR. We've always loved the MDR and our expectations are within reason of what the food should be like. Hope it's still good.

Finally, how does it look and feel with all the 2.0 updates? Most reports have been favorable but I like hearing all sides.

Thanks!!!

I'm interested in how crowded Cozumel is with multiple ships in port. So if you notice you have more than 4 ships in port keep an eye on the crowds and report back.

Also very interested in the food quality in MDR. We've always loved the MDR and our expectations are within reason of what the food should be like. Hope it's still good.

Finally, how does it look and feel with all the 2.0 updates? Most reports have been favorable but I like hearing all sides.

Thanks!!!

Noted. These are area of particular interest to me as well, so I will keep an eagle eye out!

I read on another post on ships with Guy's Burgers, they removed the hot dog grill or placed them some where else in a steaming basket, no more grill. Can you let me know what happened to them on the Triumph? Nothing better than grilled hot dogs by the pool on a sea day.

I'd love to know if Jerry is still belting out country music in the Atrium bar. He is so talented but on my last Triumph cruise I didn't get the chance to sit down and listen to him; hope he's still there when I cruise in December! Also interested in your opinions in all entertainment options overall. Thanks, have a great time, look forward to pictures!!!

Just returned. Yes, Jerry still commands the Atrium. No, I didn't see any grilled hot dogs, but burgers and the burritos were good (and SHORT LINE to get). Pizza still OK and still slow at times.

I was going to ask this as well, but noticed that Triumph will be all alone in Coz the day you are there. We were the only ship there on my last cruise and it was really nice. Have a great time and I'm looking forward to the review.

I just got off the Triumph today, so I will answer some of the questions.

• Guy's Burgers, they removed the hot dog grill or placed them some where else in a steaming basket, no more grill. Can you let me know what happened to them on the Triumph? Nothing better than grilled hot dogs by the pool on a sea day. Guys Burgers are great! The hot dogs have moved to the Deli. I watched a guy getting two at 10:30 last night, complete with sauerkraut!
  • I'm interested in how crowded Cozumel is with multiple ships in port. So if you notice you have more than 4 ships in port keep an eye on the crowds and report back. Triumph was the only ship in port at both Cozumel and Progresso, so the shop people were bending over backwards to attract business. I was able to do some pretty good bargaining at both ports. I have been in Coz when there were 6 ships in port. It can be very congested then.

Also very interested in the food quality in MDR. We've always loved the MDR and our expectations are within reason of what the food should be like. Hope it's still good. I thought the food in the MDR this time was about the best I've had on any Carnival ship. There was only one night that I didn't order from the daily menu and when I asked for a chicken breast on my Caesar salad, no problem! No crème Brule, but bitter and blanc, Grand Marnier soufflé and Baked Alaska were there, along with the inevitable chocolate melting cake. [i don't eat chocolate, but everyone raved!]

My only complaint was the music - not the selection, but the volume. There is virtually no place to go where you can hear music and still carry on a conversation. The volume blows your ears out, even Jerry in the Atrium.

I'll leave the pictures and all other questions to High Seas Texan!

All Righty! I have my work cut out for me, but ready to hit the ship trotting and gathering answers! We depart for Galveston tomorrow and SO looking forward to sailing the CARNIVAL TRIUMPH! And what happens on board goes on Cruise Critics, and of course Face Book!

I'd love to know if Jerry is still belting out country music in the Atrium bar. He is so talented but on my last Triumph cruise I didn't get the chance to sit down and listen to him; hope he's still there when I cruise in December! Also interested in your opinions in all entertainment options overall. Thanks, have a great time, look forward to pictures!!!

I read somewhere on a recent review that Jerry is still there. I loved listening to him on our Triumph cruise last September. He could sing anything you asked him to do.

Thanks!!!

We were in Cozumel a day when there were 4 ships in port. The way the port is set up only 2 ships dock in the same area. The shops were busy in the afternoon when everyone was making last minute stops before re-boarding.

We actually went to Nachi Cocom for the day and it is never crowded.

You didn't happen to run into anyone who went to Mr Sanchos on that 4 ships in port trip did you? We're thinking of the AI at Sanchos, but we have a lot of ships in port when we are there.

Thanks to everyone else who has replied about this as well.

High Seas - you've got your work cut out for you:)

You didn't happen to run into anyone who went to Mr Sanchos on that 4 ships in port trip did you? We're thinking of the AI at Sanchos, but we have a lot of ships in port when we are there.

Thanks to everyone else who has replied about this as well.

High Seas - you've got your work cut out for you:)

We went to Mr. sanchos in June. It is absolutely incredible. The food is delicious and they are not stingy at all. Even grilled shrimp and coconut shrimp. The drinks are also fantastic and beaches are awesome!

Greetings everyone. I will be sailing The Carnival Triumph this coming Mondsy, July 29. I enjoy all the comments here on Cruise Critics, and of course read with interest the reviews of the ships I sail on. I will be writing what I hope is a detailed review of the upcoming cruise. I notice on these threads that people have questions...did you notice this, did you do that, etc. With this in mind, I thought I would ask for input on anything special to look out for in hopes of addressing concerned parties interest on this ship and the five (5) day itinerary. Let me know and I will make a concerted effort to address anything.:)

Hi High,

I will be sailing at the end of August and was hoping to find out if they have Chanel perfume in the shops. I am looking for Chanel Chance. I a, just about out and it is $90 here and would love to find a bargain. Thanks and have a great cruise!! :D

dec0803, yes they have Chanel. I usually buy COCO Mademoiselle when we cruise. It's not a huge bargain, all you really save is the taxes.

You may be able to work down the price a bit in Cozumel, but typically they don't budge on Chanel. Good luck!

Archived