Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort

tsconley19

Sailing the Silhouette next year. At present, the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort is the only all inclusive for the day. At $139/person, is it worth the price? A lot of forum members recommend the Hilton Rose Hall. This doesn't seem to be an option with Celebrity.

Any comments on the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would be appreciated

Thanks,

Tom

The Hilton Rose Hall is reserved using Jamaica for a Day website - book independently, not through the cruise line. We have used them twice and they are a reputable company.

Edited by unionville3

unionville3,

I'm aware of the Hilton Rose Hall and using jamaicafortheday.com.

I was wondering if any forum members have been to the Iberostar Rose Hall Resort AI day pass. This is the one offered through Celebrity excursions.

Thanks for your reply

Tom

• 4 months later...

I have been to the Iberostar in Montego Bay for a week vacation but not on a day pass from a cruise. It is right on the beach and has an awesome pool. Food & drinks were very good. There is an area down from the beach just a short walk with all kinds of souveniers for sale. If it is worth the price would be an individual decision.

Looks nice from road, but never been inside. At $139/pp is probably comes down to TIME. How long will you actually be on property to enjoy all it has to offer? It is a decent 20+ minute ride from Falmouth (less from MoBay but not sure exact), plus figure in waiting for everyone to load up.

I was at the Iberostar on a day pass a couple years back with Carnival. It was slightly cheaper at the time; $120. The van was not crowded; maybe a dozen people. The ride was around 20 minutes. The property itself is very nice and large. There is a nice pool area with lounge chairs, then it's a few steps down to the beach. The beach itself is small but it was not overcrowded with cruise guests. There were lounge chairs available. A DJ was playing rather loud music and staff was trying to get people to do some kind of game. There was a beach bar where you could get unlimited drinks. A buffet lunch was in one of the dining areas and it was very good; there was a large selection.

We were there for a few hours; don't remember how long exactly. We enjoyed it because it wasn't as crowded as some of the other cruise sponsered beach excursions. I do think $139 is rather high for what you get. Having never been to Hilton Rose Hall, I can't comment on it. We will be back in Falmouth in February on RCCL, but will pass on the Hilton because of the price.