Warning Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport

one redneck cruiser

Warning Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport have changed their Shuttle to the port policy from free to $15.00 per person each way.

Even if you have already booked with them. We booked a cruise park package for Sept. I decided to call and confirm shuttle schedule and was informed that there was now a $15.00 per person each way fee. I told the person that it was free when I booked and was told that didn't matter. Needless to say I canceled that booking and went with a little higher place with free shuttle that was still cheaper.

Hi, might I ask you what hotel you went with as we were looking into the Comfort Inn also because of the shuttles. :rolleyes:Thank you

We went with Quality Inn & Suites, Gretna, La. Does not have the best reviews but we were only looking for a place to park, sleep and shuttle before the cruise :)

Warning Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport have changed their Shuttle to the port policy from free to $15.00 per person each way.

Even if you have already booked with them. We booked a cruise park package for Sept. I decided to call and confirm shuttle schedule and was informed that there was now a $15.00 per person each way fee. I told the person that it was free when I booked and was told that didn't matter. Needless to say I canceled that booking and went with a little higher place with free shuttle that was still cheaper.

Just Wondering when did OP book this Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport.

I've been searching hotels around MSY and Metarie area since January 2013 for my up-coming cruise in August 18, 2013.

I've never seen the hotel OP mentioned that it will provide free shuttle to cruise terminal.

To my knowledge the hotel only provides free airport shuttle service .

Just Wondering when did OP book this Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport.

I've been searching hotels around MSY and Metarie area since January 2013 for my up-coming cruise in August 18, 2013.

I've never seen the hotel OP mentioned that it will provide free shuttle to cruise terminal.

To my knowledge the hotel only provides free airport shuttle service .

It was booked in early June 2013 thru parksleephotel.com it was on their web site that clearly stated free port shuttle. After I contacted Comfort inn, I contacted parksleephotel.com customer service to cancel the booking, they put me on hold and contacted the hotel. When they returned they said that the hotel had changed the policy 3 days before and had not informed them. It was basically the exact time frame the hotel had given me. The web page was changed before I had hung up the phone. Normally they charge a $10.00 cancellation fee, but because of the change, I was not charged. If you would like for me too post my original receipt that clearly states Free Port Shuttle I can

It was booked in early June 2013 thru parksleephotel.com it was on their web site that clearly stated free port shuttle. After I contacted Comfort inn, I contacted parksleephotel.com customer service to cancel the booking, they put me on hold and contacted the hotel. When they returned they said that the hotel had changed the policy 3 days before and had not informed them. It was basically the exact time frame the hotel had given me. The web page was changed before I had hung up the phone. Normally they charge a $10.00 cancellation fee, but because of the change, I was not charged. If you would like for me too post my original receipt that clearly states Free Port Shuttle I can

I guess parksleephotel.com has misinformed you when you first booked the hotel in June.

The website directly from the hotel has never mentioned that they will provide free shuttle service from hotel to cruise terminal since I started searching hotel early this year.

To my knowledge there is a fee for shuttle service from hotel to the cruise port

has been on-going practice for a while, not a new hotel policy.

Looking at the hotel reviews from tripadvidor.com, one user wrote a comment in May,

saying there is free shuttle to airport and paid fare of $30 for 2 to the port.

The user has never mentioned the hotel has changed policy in May for charging shuttle service fee to the cruise port.

msy.jpg.8bc9825dd135b9e513c9d370ea1e28c9.jpg

I guess parksleephotel.com has misinformed you when you first booked the hotel in June.

The website directly from the hotel has never mentioned that they will provide free shuttle service from hotel to cruise terminal since I started searching hotel early this year.

To my knowledge there is a fee for shuttle service from hotel to the cruise port

has been on-going practice for a while, not a new hotel policy.

Looking at the hotel reviews from tripadvidor.com, one user wrote a comment in May,

saying there is free shuttle to airport and paid fare of $30 for 2 to the port.

The user has never mentioned the hotel has changed policy in May for charging shuttle service fee to the cruise port.

I guess the lady I talked to at Comfort Inn on July 16th who told me and I quote "the policy just changed this week" was covering for parksleephotel !!! The policy was if you just booked a room it was $15.00 each way. If you booked a room and parking package the shuttle to the port was free, now the shuttle is no longer included with the package.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived