# for contacting the ship

jmcancruise

I know before I have left behind a phone # for family that could be used to contact the ship in an emergency. Seems to me I had found it before in a brochure, but since those are a thing of the past I can't seem to find it. Anyone know what it would be?

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

61290372446 – from Australia

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

• 5 months later...

This is from Carnival website:

Telephone Communication - Ship-to-Shore

Ship-to-Shore Communication

For our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the stateroom telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00am.

The rate is $1.99 per minute, and charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, the charges apply to all calls including calling cards, credit cards, 800 toll-free numbers and collect calls.

Please Note:

· The rate above applies to calls for when the ship is visiting Europe as well.

· Parents can request for the Ship-to-Shore connection be deactivated by contacting the on board Guest Services desk.

· The calls are charged to the 1st guest listed on the reservation.

· Information and Instructions can be found in the ‘Ship’s Directory’ in the stateroom.

Effective 11/27/13: This service is no longer offered.

There was a post about this recently. Someone can call 800-227-6482 with ship name, sail date, your name and booking # and they will contact you to then call the person that needs to talk to you. You can then call then by ship's phone or your own cell.

Edited by gamma5

Effective 11/27/13: This service is no longer offered.

There was a post about this recently. Someone can call 800-227-6482 with ship name, sail date, your name and booking # and they will contact you to then call the person that needs to talk to you. You can then call then by ship's phone or your own cell.

I sure hope this is correct info as that's the info I plan on leaving for family members. In an emergency, I'm sure Carnival will contact your ship and pass along the info to call home or wherever.

Thank you for posting the updated phone number. I was going by information that I had saved from our first cruise, which was several years ago.

I just posted the question on John Heald's FB page to dbl ck because we are also cruising soon. Someone there responded with the same info. So, hoping it is correct :)

Response directly from John Heald on FB page.....:)

John Heald That's right, all you need to do is contact 1800 Carnival and they will connect you to the ship or pass on any message you need. We will be there if you need us, cheers

Well, there is no way for me to know for sure until an incident actually happens, of course. All I can post is what I was told. I tried the best I knew how to get the accurate info for the OP and for myself, as I stated, we will be sailing soon. I may be wrong, but I really can't believe that if there was a true emergency, say your mother/father/son/daughter was on their death bed, etc, that if a family member called Carnival to try to get a message to you that they would just say "call their cell". Maybe it is just that I don't choose to believe that ppl would be that callous, even in the corporate world. Hopefully, none of us will ever be in that position.

I want to know before I go and not have to worry about it "if" something happens. I can only tell you what I was told two days ago when I called and said "I need to get an emergency message to somebody on a ship, how do I do that?" Answer, "we don't have shore to ship service any longer you need to call their cel." Maybe it's a money making thing or maybe one persons "emergency" wasn't. As for me, I have at least two options if it's needed.

I talked by phone today to my PVP and 2 in Carnival Cust Service. - comforted that 800 for Shore to Ship was discontinued in Nov. Like the other poster said all your family would do now is call regular customer service. They take the info on am Emergency Call Form and send ASAP to the ship. No more $9.50 per min!

Of course ship to shore is the same!!

I just updated all my info for House and Pet Sitter for our cruise which is coming up fast!