Who props their balcony door open?

We propped ours open every night, and we used the wedge that the room steward uses to clean. Just make sure to put it back before he cleans your room. Never had issues with humidity, but we cruise in April. There is nothing more relaxing than being rocked to sleep with the sound of the ocean....:D:D:D

Glad I read this we have never cruised carnival before! We like to leave th door open sometimes so guess we will have to bring a bungee. So it's a swinging door?

That's what we've had so far. See picture, post #25.

I can't get the room cool enough with the door shut. Could only imagine what it would be like with the door propped open.

Someone next to you might have their door open, with the warm air going into their return intake, and then coming into you room.

Day time? Night Time? What do you use to prop it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We never do, and wish others would stop. Our last couple cruises our cabin was really warm and wouldn't cool well, according to the cabin steward when people prop their balcony doors open it effects the A/C on the entire floor.

We never do, and wish others would stop. Our last couple cruises our cabin was really warm and wouldn't cool well, according to the cabin steward when people prop their balcony doors open it effects the A/C on the entire floor.

That's what Ive always heard. Between hot rooms due to door proppers, door slammers, and smokers, I'm happy staying down in steerage class. :rolleyes:

I have read this a few times here where people were told this by crew. I wouldn't leave the door open either. Not only is it too hot and humid but that moisture gets all over everything making it feel wet and possible damaging items.

Archived