B2b help!

lukeduke07

Already booked on the Fascination for Sept 21 for a 5 day to HMC and Nassau and was either looking to stay on the ship for the 4 day directly after or drive 3 hours on the 26th to Tampa and get on the Paradise for a 4 day to cozumel. Anyone got any advice? Also is there any sort of discount offered if you sail back to back?

Thanks!

Nope, no discount for doing a B-2-B. If I were you, I'd stay aboard and enjoy a relaxing day at the turn around, instead of the hassle of leaving the ship, driving 3 hours or so, waiting at the port of Tampa to board "Paradise", and going through all that unneeded stress. Just stay aboard, enjoy having the ship all to yourself, knowing that all the others are leaving the fun of the ship, and cruise, but YOU get to stay aboard and enjoy another few days of relaxation. STAY ABOARD!

"SKY"

I have to agree with Sky - part of the reason for doing a B2B is the convenience of not having to unpack and staying on board.

You will have to go downstairs through customs and then right back on board; it's nice and quiet on the ship for a little bit :)

Usually when you do a b2b on the same ship, the hotel director will send you a little something. Each ship is different but they are known to be a bottle of wine, or a fruit basket or a plate of sweets etc etc.

b2b on the same ship is especially nice if you can get the same cabin on both legs. It's great not having to pack and move.

Usually when you do a b2b on the same ship, the hotel director will send you a little something. Each ship is different but they are known to be a bottle of wine, or a fruit basket or a plate of sweets etc etc.

b2b on the same ship is especially nice if you can get the same cabin on both legs. It's great not having to pack and move.

My last B-2-B, (Oddly enough, aboard "Paradise") I couldn't get the same cabin, but the cabin steward moved all my luggage for me. I didn't even have to deal with that! GREAT service. :cool: Doing a B-2-B is SO MUCH FUN!

"SKY"

We did a b2b on the Valor several years ago and it was glorious!!we stayed in the same cabin, had the same room steward and the same MDR table! The last night of the first leg, we smugly enjoyed the schadenfreude. THEY all had to get off, but WE got to stay on!! Turn around day was a breeze and we had fun wandering around an essentially empty ship once we did the customs thing that was totally easy! B2B is the WTG!!

Already booked on the Fascination for Sept 21 for a 5 day to HMC and Nassau and was either looking to stay on the ship for the 4 day directly after or drive 3 hours on the 26th to Tampa and get on the Paradise for a 4 day to cozumel. Anyone got any advice? Also is there any sort of discount offered if you sail back to back?

Thanks!

I agree with everyone else.....

Stay on the Fascination..........

My last B-2-B, (Oddly enough, aboard "Paradise") I couldn't get the same cabin, but the cabin steward moved all my luggage for me. I didn't even have to deal with that! GREAT service. :cool: Doing a B-2-B is SO MUCH FUN!

"SKY"

The room stewards are wonderful about moving your luggage but it sucks to have to pack your stuff and then unpack again. What a difference to not have to do that and just enjoy the ship when it's empty.:D

Thanks!

If you decide to just stay with the Fascination=BTB.....

Hurry to see if you can get the same cabin.......

If not try to find a cabin for both........

If you can't, It will that much easier to change cabins

then driving to Tampa..........JMO........

Happy BTB Cruising.........

Thanks for the advice. The other issue I am having is that I we are booked in a Balcony room( first time balcony). Dont want to give that up but to do two b2b balcony cruises would be out of the budget.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice. The other issue I am having is that I we are booked in a Balcony room( first time balcony). Dont want to give that up but to do two b2b balcony cruises would be out of the budget.

Any ideas?

Since it's after final payment you can't change from your balcony so you will have to change cabins if you book an inside or ocean view for the b2b. Not a first choice in having to move but still better to stay on the ship and cruise for a few more days.

Whatever you decide, have fun and enjoy your cruise or cruises.:D

One thing we are going to do is bring a few grocery bags etc. That we can load everything from a drawer or off a shelf into a single bag and then pack those into our suitcases. Should make things easier. We have always stayed in the same room, but this time we are changing

Do NOT change cabins if you can possibly help it. We just did a B2B on Glory, first cruise in an interior and second in a balcony. We had to move everything ourselves and were in a holding pattern before the new cabin steward had cleaned the second room. Guest services (despite being told three times during the first sailing) had no idea we were on a B2B, did not give us "the letter" the night before (despite me asking for it), and we ended up being paged off the ship (we were waiting for the assigned gathering time of 10:30 that someone in Guest Services had told us about) and meanwhile they thought we just hadn't disembarked from our first cruise. It proceeded to be more of a cluster from there but you get the idea. They apologized thoroughly and we got two bottles of champagne (we don't drink so we gave them to the cabin steward) but when I got home I booked a B2B on Splendor right away- same cabin.

However- the B2B was fantastic and I'm hooked!!

We are booked on our 3rd B2B in December and have the same cabin for both legs. We LOVE B2Bs. It saves us on airfare as we fly from Kansas and it is such a great feeling knowing you do not have to get off after those first 7 days.

We did our first b2b last year on the Fascination. Did the first in a port hole cabin, second in the balcony. Moving was not bad, I brought new luggage tags for the second cruise-told the room steward-our luggage was delivered to our new cabin with no problem. We got our letter the night before-we were the only ones staying. Very cool staying on the ship all by yourselves. Only bad part of the cruise was Hurricane Sandy. We went to Key West and then two full days of rocking and rolling. I felt sorry for all those first time cruisers-a lot of people were sick. I swear by my sea bands-I have a very sensitive stomach-but always wear the sea bands and I have never been sick!:)

Archived