St. Peter's port

travelscope

Hi, Could any one tell me if the shops are in walking distance, when you get to St, peters port Guernsey. Thank you

Hello ! The shops are just a few minutes from the dock. It's only a small town,so most sights are within easy walking distance.

Hi, Could any one tell me if the shops are in walking distance, when you get to St, peters port Guernsey. Thank you

As the other poster said...yes,you can wlak into town..great little place to visit,wonderful shops even though I was there on May 1st and nice places to eat..at least some were open that day.There is a tour you can take outside of town..I did not so cannot say if good or bad. Enjoy your port day there...make sure to notice the tide/boatsand quay when tide is in and out!!!

Nice little town, everything is within walking distance. We took the public bus our to Fermain (about a 15 minute ride for 1€ per person) and walked the sea cliffs back into town. A beautiful day.

Yes the town is across the road from the port.

Just wanted to point out that Guernsey isn't French it's British. The currency is the British pound £. I think that some of the shops will take Euros but didn't try this out when we visited in June.

The shops accept euros BUT the change is in local currency which cannot be used any where except Guernsey. Town is charming. There also is a hotel w. a lovely terrace if you desire Lu ch w. a view.

We very much enjoyed the small but authentic museum focused on the

German occupation.

Archived