Should i change from MTD on Oasis to speciality?

Hi

My wife and I have booked a 7 nighter on the Oasis .

At time of booking (as we wanted a table for 2 and wasnt sure of our plans) i booked My time Dining. I have had to prepay $170 for gratuities .

I now think we will be eating in a speciality restaurant for probably 4 of the 7 nights and therefore traditional dining may be ok.

As we will probably only use the traditional dining room for 3 nights would i be better off changing and then i assume paying for 3 nights gratuities instead of 7?

I dont really understand how it works !

My understanding is that everyone pay gratuities up front now.

Keep in mind, the gratuities assessed to you to not only to the dining room staff during the dinner hours, but also get divided up between the staff in the Windjammer, as well as the staff serving lunch and breakfast throughout the ship.

My understanding is that everyone pay gratuities up front now.

Keep in mind, the gratuities assessed to you to not only to the dining room staff during the dinner hours, but also get divided up between the staff in the Windjammer, as well as the staff serving lunch and breakfast throughout the ship.

Being that you are considering doing some specialty restaurants throughout the week, I would keep scheduled with MTD.

Hi

My wife and I have booked a 7 nighter on the Oasis .

At time of booking (as we wanted a table for 2 and wasnt sure of our plans) i booked My time Dining. I have had to prepay $170 for gratuities .

I now think we will be eating in a speciality restaurant for probably 4 of the 7 nights and therefore traditional dining may be ok.

As we will probably only use the traditional dining room for 3 nights would i be better off changing and then i assume paying for 3 nights gratuities instead of 7?

I dont really understand how it works !

With MTD, you pay the gratuities up front.

With any other dining, including regular MDR and/or specialty restaurants, your seapass will be debited a daily charge that includes gratuities for your room steward and all dining staff.

In either case, you will pay gratuities for all nights of the cruise.

With MTD, you pay the gratuities up front.

With any other dining, including regular MDR and/or specialty restaurants, your seapass will be debited a daily charge that includes gratuities for your room steward and all dining staff.

In either case, you will pay gratuities for all nights of the cruise.

Got it. Fully understand now. Thanks so much for the info.

Archived